This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Content island" misbehavior

With the new version of Eve that's been propagated to the forums, there've been some changes in the way the software handles the search algorithms which determine how message titles and so on turn up in the content islands on the main page. We're getting them fixed up so that they work correctly: hang in there.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

With the new version of Eve that's been propagated to the forums, there've been some changes in the way the software handles the search algorithms which determine how message titles and so on turn up in the content islands on the main page. We're getting them fixed up so that they work correctly: hang in there.

Comment

Just an update: we're continuing to work on this problem -- in fact, Infopop's CEO is working on it with us. Doesn't get much better than that.

We'll let you know what happens, as it happens...

Comment

I know this is off topic... bear with me here... I can't remember how to make another topic about this, but I've seen the title Senior on Duty above a Karma level title???
        Hearts will never be practical, until they are made unbreakable.
        "They smelled nice,"said Ponch"but smell isn't everything"
        Check out the Encounters topic in Chatter II<<<If it's still there. Jeez. Long time guys.

Comment

LughTheOne's Champion, Lee made that title especially for PM and myself, since we're now moderators. It's not something you can earn through karma points. Well, not directly via the software...

A lot of BBSs have the ability to do "custom titles"; they're assigned at the board admin's discretion, in addition to the auto-level titles you can get from something like a postcount/karma points. You'll notice that Lee has two titles as well.

If you want to create a new discussion topic, use the "New" button in the toolbar at the top of the list, and select "Discussion".

And boy, we rate as a board, if we've go the CEO working on it!
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

The Most Recent bit is registering new posts, but it's being followed by the name of the topic's creator, not the poster.

I don't know if it's doing it for my posts. It was for a few members, like Hag, but when I posted, no lines were being added.

Meh.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

You're right, "topic creator" names are showing rather than the name of the newest poster. Infopop tells me that at the moment, this is normal, but they're working on this issue and hope to have it reorganized so that new posters' names show within the next couple/few weeks.

Comment

The link for the wallpaper of "Nita, Kit and S'reee" doesn't work... on YW.Com
                "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Lee had a word with it...it's OK now.
                  -- DD

Comment

Working...
                  X