• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repost of Forum Avatar guidelines

Folks,

Please note that the revised Forum avatar rules have been posted at:

http://www.youngwizards.net/YoungWiz...atarGuide.html

We've had to add an extra section or two (stuff that I would have thought would be obvious, but whatever...) Please read them through to make sure you all understand the present state of play.

Thanks!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Folks,

Please note that the revised Forum avatar rules have been posted at:

http://www.youngwizards.net/YoungWiz...atarGuide.html

We've had to add an extra section or two (stuff that I would have thought would be obvious, but whatever...) Please read them through to make sure you all understand the present state of play.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Lee... Ummm. Not really about the avatar. But I don't know how else to connect to you. Ummm. I'm a little uncomfterble about people knowing my real name. Just a self concious thing. And for the members that come that are new. It would just make a nice difference if I didn't have to be bothered by people knowing it. I'm so sorry to bother you. But its been bothering me for a while. SORRY! But I was wondering if I could change my viewed name to Nella... *shrug* when you have time I'd really appriciate it.

Thanks.

Comment

ey lee, why cant I upload a custom avatar? Thats of any size. It comes up as a red x and says, "picture of bluecrow628". Whazup with that? Thanks.

Nella, eh? HEY EVERYONE!! COME TO THE AVATAR GUIDELINE THREAD!! Not really. Only jokeing.
        ------------------------------
        Footsteps in the snow
        suggest where you have been,
        point where you are going:
        but where they suddenly vanish,
        never dismiss the possiblity
        of flight....

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Nella:
          Hey Lee...
          [quote]

No problems, I've taken care of it.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by bluecrow628:
            ey lee, why cant I upload a custom avatar? Thats of any size. It comes up as a red x and says, "picture of bluecrow628". Whazup with that?
            [quote]

It's because we don't permit uploads at the moment. You can, however, link to an icon already hosted somewhere else, as long as you have permission to link to it. Otherwise, just email me a copy of the icon and I'll upload it for you.

Comment

okay. Do u know who David Stubee is? If so, he asks that u make sure that no one gets a password thats even close to his. Do admins know passwords? It kind of seemed like a strange request, but I'm just a messenger because he has no internet at home.
              cheers!
              ------------------------------
              Footsteps in the snow
              suggest where you have been,
              point where you are going:
              but where they suddenly vanish,
              never dismiss the possiblity
              of flight....

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by bluecrow628:
                okay. Do u know who David Stubee is? If so, he asks that u make sure that no one gets a password thats even close to his. Do admins know passwords? It kind of seemed like a strange request, but I'm just a messenger because he has no internet at home.
                cheers!
                [quote]

Uh...I'm afraid there's nothing much I can do about people's passwords: there are more than a thousand members here, and sifting through all their passwords to make sure they aren't anything like David's is something I'm not likely to have much time for.

As long as no one knows both David's username and password, no one can get at his account. If he wants his password changed, he can do it himself by editing his user profile.

Comment

Working...
                X