This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please watch out for viruses!

Folks -- please note that virus-bearing emails with "spoofed" addresses from youngwizards.net have started to turn up.

We have *not* sent out any messages lately except a few containing chat passwords. We do *not* send out "one-line" or empty messages, and we don't send out messages with attachments. Please do NOT click on any attachment in any message that seems to come from us: it's almost certainly a virus or Trojan.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

I just got one of those, it's a good thing i deleted it fast.
    "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
    "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    "If you are out to describe

Comment

*Shudders*

Seriously, people! Double check the sender of the e-mail! Trojan viruses are BAD. Ever heard of the Trojan horse? Well, this virus lets in a ton of viruses, and if you have other computers hooked up to the attacked one, both are as good as dead. Also remember to keep your AntiVirus software updated.

((Thank you Lee for changing my username! ))
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

*M loves the AntiVirus system* My dad got a Trojan virus on his laptop... *shudders* bad bad bad!
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

Gryphon , you're username DID change! When did that happen? Cool!

The last email I recieved from YW had to do with chat, but I'll keep this in mind. Creepy. That's something I would have opened right away.
          Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Some trojans are harmless, though. I had one but what it did was let lots of advertising into my laptop.
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Diego... me too, computer found it today. Very irritating. Thank goodness for Norton Anti-virus Software.
              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
              X