This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the "Search" and "New Since your Last Visit" functions

Well, I've got an addition to your list of vexing forum questions, Lee (though hopefully this won't be too hard to solve):

As of about 17:00 UTC today, nothing posted later than Semiramis' 6:24AM (6/6/04) post in "dai stiho" (in "The 'Playroom'") shows up when I use "New Since your Last Visit" or search for new posts, though more recent posts do show up in the "Most Recent Messages" box on the main page. Do you have a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks,
    Nathan
    Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Mmm...this is a new one on me. In the past, though, I'd sometimes get weird results (or non-results) in this function when I'd been in the Forums earlier in the day.

Can you check it again tomorrow and see if the problem repeats?
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Unfortunately, Lee, I'm experiencing the same problems today (6/7/04). I tried deleting the cookies from youngwizards.net to see if that makes any difference, but no luck. In fact, as the problem occurs in several other places on the forums besides "Search" and "New Since your last Visit" (such as "Today's Hot Topics" [where topics created after the cutoff time mentioned above don't show up], "View recent posts by [forum member]" and "View all UBB.x posts by [forum member]"), I suspect that it's a problem with the forums themselves (though this makes me wonder why nobody else is complaining about it --do they just not use those features?).

Nathan
      Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

You're right, the problem's still there. I've opened a trouble ticket with Infopop: we'll see what they have to say about it when it's "office hours" on the West Coast.

Comment

Nathan... just didn't want to say anything about it because someone else already said something, but I am having the same problems, also since the date you mentioned.

I hadn't tried to use the feature until that very day, in fact and it didn't work. I talked to Peter about it and we both wondered why it wouldn't. At first, I thought it was just me, but then you said something about it and I realized that it wasn't just me. Just thought that you would like to know.

As a side note... I haven't had any other problems with anything else. All strange to me.
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Okay, one of the Infopop tech folk just came in and re-indexed the site....but the search facility still isn't showing me the newest messages. Very weird! Let me get back to them...

Comment

Working...
            X