X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight delay in posting of new "Wizards at War" excerpt

Everybody,

DD was called away on business at very short notice yesterday morning...which means that there's going to be a delay in the arrival of the new WAW excerpt.

She asked me to apologize to everybody on her behalf, but apparently there was just no way she could deal with the business trip and get the excerpt handled as well. She'll be back (she thinks) on Thursday, and the excerpt should go up on Friday.

Again, sorry about the delay.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Okay. *puts clock back a few days* Thanks, Lee.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Well that gives me enough time to finish the second one and still have enough time to really want the next one...
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Err... Lee... if the excerpt goes up Friday, that's June 4th, not June 3rd, like it says on the Excerpt page.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

And June 4th, in the US, is the date a certain film about a boy wizard and his friends gets released. Oops.

Not that it matters here, since I don't know when the small cinema here in town will get that film.

Wow. They got it yesterday? Now I'm in shock.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hey, if there's one place it OUGHT to open early, it's the UK.

Wow. I'm planning to catch a Thursday midnight showing of PoA, then I'll read the next excerpt here, and get to the Chat on Saturday. Busy wizard-filled week!
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I knew it was due to open in the UK generally yesterday, but the little cinema in town getting it on the first day?!? I am definitely in shock. I wonder how crowded it'll be tomorrow?

More on topic, I'm also wondering about Kingdom in Twilight - there's nothing on the IDMB's page to say when it's coming out, just a comment that it might be the end of 2004.

[Edit]You guys all know about the Internet Data Movie Base, right? Sigh - should've been IMDB, of course.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hmm...why do the forums look so strange? I don't like it...I don't like it atall....

HP! They'll probably butcher it, the 3rd was the best book, but we'll have to see....

*screeches* SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES! Since when do they have a choir?

[EDIT: Oh, never mind. It's back to normal...]
                *Ella*
                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                What could mean more than this?"
                --Bright Eyes

Comment

...I dint get that at all... XD

...*squeebounce* My best friend got me a ticket for it tomorrow!! We're going to see it without having to deal with ticket lines!! Squeeee!!!

...moving right along...

Hee... I'm lucky, I have compapps tomorrow, which means I can just read the exerpt when I'm done with my classwork *woot!* XD

*happy-happy-mode*

Comment

Uh, back to the excerpt... it's looking pretty June...um, 5th now. Where did it go! Help!

All my pretty little hopes...dashed *Miroku-style sigh* (been watching WAY too much of that show...)

Anyways, Harry-dear...

Yes, I'm seeing that on Sunday, because my godmother, Kate, is getting back from, like, Wyoming or something tonight (I'm in Portland, Maine), and we must see the movie together first. I have high hopes for this one, man. Alfonso Cuaron, I'm counting on you! (Ick, DIE Chris Columbus, DIE!)

....that too.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Well, at least now I can reread the first two excerpts again. *adds note on calendar* It's looking pretty June...um, 6th now.
                      In Life's name and for Life's sake...

Comment

Don't diss Chris Colombus. He is the producer on the HP movie this time. I think that it was just getting too much for him to direct and produce too. I miss him though.... I liked the flow he acheived. He was a little old-fashioned, though, which I like Alfonso's directing a little better for.
                        -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                        The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                        I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

It's officially the sixth (seventh over in the UK, but it's only....4 am there, so I won't complain), and still nothing. This makes me sad.
                          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

I had a call from DD this morning to say that her flight from Germany will be getting into Dublin around 9:30 PM (BST) -- she was forced to take a later flight home than originally planned.

Considering that she can't be home sooner than a couple of hours after that -- she lives a pretty long way downcountry -- this puts the very earliest time she could possibly deal with the excerpt at 11:30 PM her time (around 6:30 PM US-Eastern time). And I can't help but think she might want to spend a few minutes saying hello to her husband and her cats before she turns her attention to the excerpt...probably at around midnight, after a long day of meetings and travel.
                            Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Thanks Lee,
                              And many thanks to DD as well. I don't think people will mind the delay if DD only just getting back!! I think the post can wait till 2mrow when she proberly rested!! *cheer for DD*
                              thanks for keeping us informed Lee
                              Fox
                              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
                              X