X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief service outage, July 26th

A message from Infopop:

"On Monday afternoon July 26th, we will be upgrading your eve community software to version 1.1. There will be momentary downtime and some brief slowness as the process completes. Your users should not notice any significant disruption.

"However, the 1.1 upgrade will require re-indexing all your messages for a new Search Engine. As the index rebuilds, the search tool will be unavailable or will return partial results as each forum is added to the index.

"Indexing will run in the background and for most sites will finish within a few hours. Large site indexing will complete by the end of Tuesday.

"Highlights of the new version include the following:

- a new java based Chat applet in addition to the existing DHTML version
    - browseable member directory
    - photo album notifications
    - search by karma points"

And there will be other goodies as well. But most specifically, this upgrade should sort out the difficulties which some members have been experiencing with the Chime chat area -- if you were able to use the old SigmaChat area, which was Java-based, you should be able to use this one. We'll see how it works out.

Meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience during the brief down/out time.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Lee, I just wanted to ask if that worked, on behalf of everyone in the chat at the moment. It doesn't really seem all that diffrent.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Yep. There's a BIG difference, it works for me!!!!! *grins*
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Yipee for M. And we can see Nita better... and there are reports that Tui can now get on chat! YEAH!

I am HAPPY!!!!
        -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
        The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
        I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

How can you see me better, Chani? I am still invisible! Nevermind, I have noticed a big diffrence now....
          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          **Neets**
          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Working...
          X