@YoungWizForums on Twitter: some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @YoungWizForums on Twitter: some thoughts

As @YoungWizForums on Twitter has started following its followers back (this being normal Twitter etiquette), I'm wondering whether people interested strictly in information about new message threads and/or additions to them would prefer to have a different Twitter account to follow.

Or to put it another way: after the contests are over, should we add a separate Twitter account, something like @YWForumReaders, so that Forum members will have a place to meet / Tweet on Twitter that doesn't get all mixed up with the Forum message feeds?

Post here and let us know what you think.

Lee / Forum Administrator

I think a separate twitter account would probably be best. I would get confused and probably over look some important stuff if it was all jumbled up in one stream.
    The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
    DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

Wouldn't folks wanting to talk about a particular matter on Twitter just set up an appropriate topic?

If so, then it might make sense to have an index of YW topics somewhere...
      -- Rick.

Comment

I'm not sure what difference it makes. Two people can't have a conversation on a third person's Twitter page, and no 'Followers' list is an accurate way to locate like-minded individuals. Everyone has random people following them who are only fishing for return-followers to make up numbers (or even worse, random followers who are spam bots), and any account set up on behalf of the Forums would be the same as any other in that regard.

To enable Forum members to have direct conversations with each other on Twitter, it would be better to create a thread here where people could post links to their Twitter pages, and see who comes a'followin'.

Comment

It might be better to make a dedicated hashtag - like #YW or somesuch, and link the #YW tag in @YoungWizForums things that /aren't/ the thread updates? That way we can all talk amoungst ourselves (if people choose to) without trying to have some sort of third twitter account.

Plus, searching for #YW (or whatever) would make it easy to find like-minded forumites. :3

Comment

Tweet me!

I am Livluvdie101 on Twitter, so do tweet me!
            (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X