Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldbies: can you help get things rolling here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldbies: can you help get things rolling here?

Guys, it's a good idea that there should be a FAQ area for new users.

Would some of you start the ball rolling by posting message threads about how things go?

(Don't forget to link to "hard" rule resources like the avatar rules page and so forth.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Hey, we could do this. We already have our Newbie Pack topic, but it doesn't have links to everything...

Who wants to help?
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

ooh! Me! I'll help!!! You can tell I've had too much sugar today........ hee hee hee. Where should we start? Actually that's kinda a stupid question..... The Topic of Great Randomness!! The Topic of Great Randomness
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

I help! I'll start a topic in the chatterbox 2!
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

chatterbox 2?
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

I think she means "Chatter 2," the forum, not the chatbox. Ooh, there's a point for the FAQ: chatter and forums vs Chatbox.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

If someone starts this topic, can we all agree to keep it on topic? That is, restrict our posts in this area to information about the Forum rules and replies to questions, not wander off into comments about pets, or books, or dumb things our little sibs did. Otherwise, it will just be horribly confusing *Marvin the Martian imitation*
              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

It's already started! Check out Newbie Ultima in the wazzit called... New forum that Lee created.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

What would you call us floaters who know the ropes but aren't quite newbies or oldbies?
                  Why did I suddenly think midlife crisis?
                  Metaphors be with you.

Comment

I just started here a few days ago and everytime I get off the internet and comeback, the postings I have made are not there! Help please.
                    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                    **Neets**
                    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

How do i get a picture by my name on the posts? It has changd since i was ehre last...
                      Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
                      :wigglesmile:
                      And really bad eggs...
                      Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
                      S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
                      Barf Incident)
                      Weak Sauce!

Comment

Click on your name by a post, and go to your profile (the first line on the menu). Then click on Edit profile, and scroll down until it says "Edit your avatar". Then, basically, pick a picture you like from the list, and click on "Select this one".
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Yeah, but see, it doesn't say that for me. I get all the way up to the "Edit Avatar" section, and then i don't have one. There isn't even a button for me...
                          And really bad eggs...
                          Barf Incident)
                          Weak Sauce!

Comment

thanks for your help, by the way
                            And really bad eggs...
                            Barf Incident)
                            Weak Sauce!

Comment

No problem.

Hmmm. I didn't try having an avatar when the forum was describing me as a New Member, but other New Members have avatars, so I don't suppose that's it.

Just checking - it's the bit with your name, email address etc that you need to scroll, not the whole page. "Edit your avatar" is hiding in that scrolling field.
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X