Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee, was strolling through the Concordance pages, and was wondering, is the Concordance e-mail the address to use for Paypal donations?
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

No, the button directs to ddpal@youngwizards.com. The "concordance" address is only for topic submissions.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Peter Murray:
        the Old Downside page in the Errantry Concordance displays as blank in Safari 1.2.4, but shows up Ok in Firefox 0.8 (both under Mac OS X 10.3.8). I can't see why, though - I tried saving that page and S'reee's page and using diff to compare them, but I can't see any relevant differences, only content.
        [quote]

OK, I'm confused now. Let me look into it.

Comment

Thanks, Lee. My bad/user error. I had Firefox set to only download graphics from the same site, and the button never showed up. I only figured it out after a session in Chime where I couldn't see any smileys or avatars...
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

The Old Downside page doesn't work in Internet Explorer 6.0 either. Its just blank.

Alla

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Artemis Wolfang:
              By the way, the link to YW.Com from YW.Net doesn't work.
              [quote]

Artemis, which page are you on when you have this problem? The link seems to be working OK when I use it from the main page, anyway.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by alla:
                The Old Downside page doesn't work in Internet Explorer 6.0 either. Its just blank.
                [quote]

Took me a few minutes, but I found what the problem is. When DD posted that, it looks like the "title" tag up in the "head" area of the HTML didn't get closed. I fixed it.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Lee Enfield-Burke:
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Artemis Wolfang:
                  By the way, the link to YW.Com from YW.Net doesn't work.
                  [quote]

Artemis, which page are you on when you have this problem? The link seems to be working OK when I use it from the main page, anyway.
                  [quote]

It seems to be working now.
                  "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                  "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Lee Enfield-Burke:
                    Took me a few minutes, but I found what the problem is. When DD posted that, it looks like the "title" tag up in the "head" area of the HTML didn't get closed. I fixed it.
                    [quote]
                    And when I tried using diff to find the error, of course it picked out the title line anyway, and I didn't see the missing < in it. [homer]Doh![/homer]
                    You won't be surprised that it works for me now, thanks.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Here are even more things to fix on the YW.Com/YW.Net pages:

While I'm sure you don't want to hear this, Lee, there is still a broken image link in the Publication History, viz. the one to a larger version of Neal McPheeters' SYWTBAW cover on http://www.youngwizards.com/Publicat...nHistory5.html.

As far as other broken links are concerned, all the entries in the Errantry Concordance beginning with 'C' are missing an "/Entries/" in their linked URL.

Looking at content issues, the "Wizards on Call" page on YW.Net doesn't have the recent update that's on the YW.Com page. (Also, to be picky, the existence of a "YW discussion forums" link in the "Online resources" dropdown menu in addition to a "Young Wizards discussion forums" link in the "YW fan stuff" menu is potentially confusing, particularly as the first link takes you to a page introducing the forums and the second to the forums themselves. For that matter, is a direct link to the forums really necessary?)

Finally, the new LiveJournal Icons page doesn't appear in the YW.Com sitemap. Also, the problem with the "Wizards on Call" link on YW.Net I mentioned above (#4) is still present. (I won't make a big deal about several of the other picky issues I brought up that haven't been addressed yet, especially as I'm sure you have more pressing matters to work on.)

Nathan
                      Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Lee, there's a danging .html on the link for the News and Events blog, at the top of http://youngwizards.net/eve/forums

Comment

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later (or the equivalent of "later" in your local timeflow).

Click here to go to Young Wizards.com's main page. The dropdown menu at the top may have a link to somewhere you were trying to go.

Click the Back button to try another link.
                          If the above measures don't produce the desired result, please make sure you are in the correct universe for the page you are requesting. To check your coordinates, meta-click on the toolbar clock to bring up the timespace coordinate-adjustment tool. The settings should match those found in the Manual under Continuum- and plenum-specific attributes; in case of difficulty you can also obtain the necessary data from your local Advisory wizard or equivalent.
                          If your preferred input method is a keyboard, check to see that you typed the name of the desired page correctly.
                          If you did, the error may lie with your keyboard. Try downloading a newer version of the Speech-friendly keyboard drivers from your hardware's manufacturer. (Windows XP users: of course there are no XP drivers. You knew before you even asked. Use the 2000 drivers and hope for the best.)

For some pages, permission from an Advisory or Senior-level wizard (or higher) is required. Click the Help menu and then click Access-level modification and sanction review to file a request or seek adjustment of an existing sanction.

Cannot find Page or Temporospatial Coordinate Error
                          Supraplenum Explorer

hahahahahahhahhahahhah you just gotta love that that's funny!
                          (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
                          "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

Working...
                          X