Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call for discussion: Chat time slot for far-Pacific area members?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for discussion: Chat time slot for far-Pacific area members?

The next "regular" chat with DD will take place on Saturday, September 17th, at the usual time: 3 PM (US) EDT, 8 PM (UK/Ireland) BST.

However, DD's asked me to see whether the Antipodean and Asian members want to nominate a time slot which works better for them but is also OK for her. She's been thinking of alternating chats between the present US-afternoon/EI-UK-evening time slot and one that would be in her morning, but not too early, so that the people in the far Pacific time zones would be cut a little slack. If you guys want to get together and discuss this among yourselves to see what time works best for you, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Once summer starts coming around again, the chat time starts getting better (for me anyway) I'm always an early riser, and 6am is not that bad (its only five while the northern hemisphere is on daylight savings). I can't speak for anyone further west than I am, though.

My opinion is that its probably easier to leave it the way it is. It is a minority of people who it really affects, and having the USians up at strange hours of the night/day probably won't bode too well with parents.

Thanks for thinking of us DD! And thanks to Lee for passing it along!

Alla

Comment

Well, it's not that I would mind not having to get up at seven am... but alla and I, and any others, are kind of in the minority, aren't we? Sunday morning is ultimately a convenient time for us anyway, maybe even more convenient that Saturday afternoons, so... well, if alla can hack it, so can I.

But I agree, thanks for thinking about it!

Another possibility might just be to shift it ahead maybe an hour or two- almost everyone would still be able to attend, and it wouldn't be 5 am for alla but it'd be nine or ten for DD, so...
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I would like to see another time zone, not only in the intrest of fairness but also conviniance to other members. If I miss a chat, then I know there will be another coming up. In this case though, people should only be able to attend one chat, or it would become mayhem.
        ---
        How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

Originally posted by Nightvol: Lord of the Horde:
          I would like to see another time zone, not only in the intrest of fairness but also conviniance to other members. If I miss a chat, then I know there will be another coming up. In this case though, people should only be able to attend one chat, or it would become mayhem.
          That said, any times nominated for chats will (presumably) be at sensible hours for DD, and thus anyone else in the UK/Eire time zone.. which means any fans in British Isles will be able to attend any DD chat.
          However, there are fewer of us than Antipodean members (myself, Peter Murray and Lee are the only ones who spring to mind), so I hardly think we will cause mayhem.

(Plus, I think we shoul get some compensation for the trouble of getting hold the YW books here... )
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
          X