X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom avatar URLs enabled

Folks,

I've enabled the Forum feature which allows members to edit their own profiles to allow the insertion of URLs to custom avatars offsite.

When doing this, *please* consult the Forum avatar rules for guidelines as to size. For the time being, as a test, we will not be requiring avatars to he hosted on our own site. But I will be carefully watching what this does to our site's bandwidth, so remember... NO animated avatars, and NO outsize ones which deform the page.

I'm asking that members police the site themselves in this regard. If you see an avatar that's just too big, or inappropriate for some other reason, please use the little triangle-with-exclamation-point symbol in the message to alert me. I will take action as soon as I see what the problem is.

Thanks, and have fun!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Folks,

I've enabled the Forum feature which allows members to edit their own profiles to allow the insertion of URLs to custom avatars offsite.

When doing this, *please* consult the Forum avatar rules for guidelines as to size. For the time being, as a test, we will not be requiring avatars to he hosted on our own site. But I will be carefully watching what this does to our site's bandwidth, so remember... NO animated avatars, and NO outsize ones which deform the page.

I'm asking that members police the site themselves in this regard. If you see an avatar that's just too big, or inappropriate for some other reason, please use the little triangle-with-exclamation-point symbol in the message to alert me. I will take action as soon as I see what the problem is.

Thanks, and have fun!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I'm having a problem with that. I don't know what URL's are or how to use them... I have no idea and I'm afraid I might mess something up if I try...

Thank you Lee.
      From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

Working...
      X