This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Shoutbox Spam

A message saying "Parental Advice! Don't click on this link!", with a winkie after it, appeared in our Shoutbox this morning. Naturally it was p0rn.

(sigh) I've notified the Shoutbox people: that's all I can do. Please don't click on links in there that aren't from known Forum members.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Thanks for the heads up, Lee. Is there anything we should do if we see a link from a user we don't know? Like report or something? *shrugs* The most we could probably do is post about it, but you'd see it first anyway.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Well, I try to catch these things as quickly as I can, but I'm not in here all day.

What I did notice was that the message in question was not in our usual format -- name first, then message. For the time being, if you see a Shoutbox posting without a name, leave it alone.

Comment

If I ever forget to put my name it always tells me to put it on and erases my message. I have a good memory (*cough*sometimes) and I usally put my name. It had to be someone on this site, right? Gryph's right, there isn't much we can do. Oh, thanks alot Lee for changing my avi. I dont think I ever thanked you..
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Re it being someone on this site: No, I don't think so. There are ways to spam shoutboxes and comments on blogs without having "formal" access to the site. It's a nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Enfield-Burke:
            A message saying "Parental Advice! Don't click on this link!", with a winkie after it, appeared in our Shoutbox this morning. Naturally it was p0rn.

(sigh) I've notified the Shoutbox people: that's all I can do. Please don't click on links in there that aren't from known Forum members.
            Er, actually, the 'spelling' is pr0n. Thought I should mention it.

Ahhhh, lurkin. What I do, lately...

Comment

Working...
            X