X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New YW.Com rollout begins...slowly!

Friends,

Starting today, I'm getting ready to start rolling out the new YW.com pages. This rollout is going to happen by degrees over the next week and a half, and if some of you have time to assist, I'd appreciate it.

So far I've been able to test the new pages using Netscape 7.2, Firefox 1.0, and IE 6. I'd very much appreciate it of those of you with different browsers could run the first batch of pages and let me know if they break in any particularly egregious way. In particular, I'm curious to see how they run on the Mac browsers and Opera. (And, if anyone's using it, in Lynx.)

The pages I've put up today are the restructured version of the "publication history" page on the present YW.com. As far as I can tell, all the links are working -- please let me know if you stumble across any that aren't.

Please also note that most of the links in the dropdown menu are broken, and I'm not concerned about that at this point: I'll be correcting them later.

If you run across any really interesting defects in the way these pages act, please let me know about them in this thread. They start with this page:

http://www.youngwizards.com/Publicat...nHistory1.html

Thanks!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

I tried the pages in Safari 1.2.4 and Camino v0.8b on my Mac, and had no problems in Safari. Camino had two odd display problems which went away when I reloaded the page, so I think they're due to the low bandwidth I have.

Now for the Mac version of Firefox 0.8... that was Ok too.

I'm curious about the Corgi page. My copy of SYWTBAW claims to be a 1992 reprint, and my Deep Wizardry is a 1993 reprint not mentioned; just in case it matters.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Oh, BTW, I just moved that URL. It's now:

http://www.youngwizards.com/Publicat...nHistory1.html
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

No (noticble) problems using IE version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

I just did not see the wizardy clock on the bottom of the pages

I will try FireFox in a little bit
        ~~~
        No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

Working...
        X