X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators!

Friends,

As the forums grow, it's getting harder to keep an eye on everything. Also, my own responsibilities at home are making it harder for me to spend as much time in the forums as I'd like to.

DD and I have conferred on this, and have decided to appoint a couple of Forum Moderators...and both people we've asked have graciously agreed to take on the job (at least temporarily).

Effective immediately, kli6 and Peter Murray will be your new moderators. They will be able to manage content in all the forums, and moderate/manage chat sessions as well.

And...since no good deed should go unrewarded...they now get the nifty new member title of "Senior on Duty".

Thanks for agreeing to help out, you two...and have fun!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Well, congrats to both kli6 and Peter Murray. What better people who deserve the responsibility of such. Both, from what I have found out through posts, chats, and / or my own observations are willing and will fulfill the position greatly. I welcome them, not as new members on the forums, but as new members who will be looking at this forum from a whole new perspective.
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

*clapclapclap* Congratulations, hrashat! Congratulations to each of you! *bows*

"The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Thanks! Hope the power doesn't go to my head! Besides, you guys make it an easy gig. Personally, I'm aiming for the Granny Aching method of wizardry/witching....
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Wow! Very cool! *applause* Lucky! From what I've seen so far, you two are perfect for the job. Good luck!

Ooooo. I just noticed your names turned green on the "members on" list. Neat.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

CONGRATS GUYS!

Haha... Though of course you guys would get the job... God... If Lee ever gave the the job of moderator... I'd probably blow up the computer... AND the site...

You two really... earned the job so to speak... and I congragulate ((sp???)) both of you...

DAI'STIHO
            ---------------------------------------------
            Member of the DDFQOTW foundation...
            Commited Fratcha-bruta...

Forever and Always
            Nella

Comment

wow...nice job!
              Congratulations
              *salutes*
              I promise to be good for you two!
              A physics geek
              And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

HEY! I know those two!! OMG! This is soo exciting I know FAMOUS PEOPLE!!! OMG I feel so Speical!! THIS IS SOO AWESOME! CONGRATS FRIENDS!
                "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                and hope that our hearts will blend.
                Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                And who knows:
                starting a new journey may not be so hard
                or maybe it has already begun.
                There are many worlds,
                but they

Comment

Hey, that's so cool! Be good, guys, & congratulations. and remember about absolute power...

Also, Lee, I hope you enjoy whatever it is that's making you so busy... I mean, not that we're not going to see you, but good luck and stuff.
                  Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 2, 2008, 05:45:04 PM. Reason: changed HTML STRIKE to BBCode
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by kli6:
                    Personally, I'm aiming for the Granny Aching method of wizardry/witching....
                    [quote]
                    Oh? I'm going for the Rincewind style myself, boast of what you can do and never actually do it. Except for shushing Gryphon in Chime for a minute or so as a test.

(And I was so tempted to edit this post onto the end of your post...)

quote:
                    'Lissa said:
                    This is soo exciting I know FAMOUS PEOPLE!!!
                    [quote]
                    Famous?
                    I'm still amused that I'm a Senior on Duty, but not a senior member . (Maybe a senile one.)

Tui: Ah, but only DD and Lee have absolute power. I've checked. Really.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Congrats guys!

*plots stuff* I mean, *plans to behave herself*

Alla

Of course, rule 1 of plotting stuff is not to let the moderators know before you do it...PM (I asked Alla in Chime if she minded me adding this)

Comment

GAH! PM even has the power of invading peoples posts!! Run for your lives! The Englishman shall delete us all!!!
                        *starts to snicker uncontrollably*

*causally doesn't say anything about plotting*
                        *nope, nothing at all*
                        *nothing to see here folks...*
                        ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                        +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

quote:
                          I'm still amused that I'm a Senior on Duty, but not a senior member.
                          [quote]*blinks casually*

As for the power... well, maybe not absolute, but what ratio are we looking at, here? 50% of absolute power? 75%?

Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Well done guys! Well I surpose thats another two people I must remember not to upset! hahaha lol! really happy for you! PM I know but not Kli6 [sorry ], might have seen you around the forum somewhere but I dont think we have spoken . Anyway, congrats again.
                            Fox
                            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Congrats! *claps* Power is good.
                              Sharky... *shakes head*
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                              X