“Not On My Patch”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Not On My Patch”

Did anyone catch this item on DD's blog? I'm slightly puzzled that it didn't get linked here...
    -- Rick.

I've been thinking that they've been really busy lately and not had much time for the forums. That's understandable.

However, I definitely went and bought that, I was just waiting for it to be available in the ebook store rather than via the donation, because this was easier to keep track of.
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Busy or...just gone? This forum is, I'm sad to say, pretty much dead compared to back in the glory days.
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

You can make forums lively again. I've seen it happen before, and fairly recently too.
        How do you wake Lady Gaga up in the morning?
        You poke her face.

Comment

I was browsing Duane's tumblr and found Not on My Patch. Immediately downloaded it after I got out of class (yes on her tumblr during class...yes I then read NOMP in my next class not paying attention).

I loved the story. It's Young Wizards of course I'll love it. A bit of something to tide me over till GWP since I read and finished AWOM as soon as it was released early last year. I can only hope the GWP will be released next year and we also get the novelette that NOMP will be in. One thing about being addicted to a series. Seems so long for authors to release books or when they push back release dates promised *cough* Garth Nix *cough*.

Comment

"Not on My Patch" was SO adorable. I don't have a credit card, being a minor and all, so I had to wait till I could pay with paypal, and man was it ever a long few days :P

Oh, and I asked DD on her Tumblr when we could expect GWP given the projected release date of the short story collection in 'late 2012' and she said it probably won't be till Spring 2013. Pretty long to wait, but we'll get the short stories shortly before to tide us over, not to mention those pesky New Millennium editions we've been hearing about. Hopefully we'll get a peek at the other stories between now and then, too.

Oh, and NoMP (as I love calling it) is apparently set a few months before book ten. I didn't expect such a huge gap between them, let alone between AWoM and GWP! It's also the closest we'll get to Games--none of the short stories take place after it. Aaaand I think that's everything she said in her answer. You guys can check her Tumblr and read it yourself, if you're curious. My question's this one.

(And this forum really does need a good kick in the gnaester to get it going again, otherwise I'll have absolutely no one to talk to about this series, and I will die from too much internalized squee-ing)

Comment

ooo 2013. I've have to pay a massive shipping fee for it. T^T I'm graduating college next December and then I'm moving to teach English in South Korea Jan/Feb 2013. But it will be worth it. This will be totally a series I'll recommend to my future students though to practice reading skills. XD

I want this new Millennium versions too. *_* I just found out about them yesterday but the release date of the first has come and past. :\

Well I'll be excited for whatever comes my way for this series. I can't imagine being there since the beginning in 1983.

I just love this series. Reading it makes me so happy (especially Tom and Carl! Any mention of them anywhere I start to get over excited and fangirl).

Comment

just saw this...

I just downloaded Not on My Patch from the ebook store, and have been wondering where one would post a thread about it, since there isn't a "YW short stories" dedicated area. Which there should be. For discussion of this, along with the other two (are there more than three YW short stories at the moment?).

Anyways it was a fun little read!

Comment

Speaking of the deadness of the forums, the Mars & robots updates have kinda sped up, huh?

Sadly, with so few posts, it seems a little pointless to "corner" the newbies and direct them to the FAQ... There's not enough infractions :-) And then, they seem to drift away quite naturally on their own (no, no, stay here! We'll grow you up!)

Comment

Working...
                  X