No announcement yet.

Is there going to be a SYWTBAW movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
      Brennick wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">P.P.S. tell DD that i love her books, but the people on this site just aren't nice.
      Why don't you stick around and tell her that yourself? I'm sure she'd love to know. At any rate, she'll be in the chatroom in April 2nd. You should at least join that.
      The people on this site ARE nice, in my opinion. You just got hit with a landslide of netiquette because we've had a lot of new people come on the board recently, and everybody who's here is a little tired of explaining the rules over and over. I know I am. I'm sorry that you're so frustrated by all this! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. </div>[quote]
      Really? Do you really think she'd care what I have to say? I'd just be an adoring fan, a fly. Like, who'd care what i have to say? Why does it matter if I capitalize or not? So does Gryphon do this to everyone? All he told me was that it cost DD money for me to post. Like what does she care? This is justa site decated to her, and thats it. Theres probably dozens of these. Why does she pay for this one? Was Cress really kidding? Didn't seem like it to me.
      And who would want to talk to me? I'm just a newbie, a no-body. And now after making as big of a deal in a little forum as I can, who'd care?

Brennick

P.S. Is there a proper way to burn books, like you would burn a flag for retirement?

Comment

Brennick, DD's really nice. Of course she'd care- we all care, come to that! Gryph's just asking you to capitalize and everything because it's easier for members to read. The short posts rule is out of respect to DD.

Cress was kidding, sure! Come on. It's not like we're _trying_ to be mean! New members are always welcome, and we listen to what you say. Just because you're new doesn't mean we won't listen, or that we won't want to talk to you. We're all fans of the same books, so we come here to discuss them...and talk about other things too.

The site is dedicated to DD and her books, and there aren't as many YW sites as you might think.
        DD pays for this site because she made it.

Gryph only gets like this if a member's been told repeatedly about the rules, and doesn't exactly listen. I have nothing against you, and Gryph's just trying to help you- I've seen her say more than once that she loves newbies. If you'd just try to capitalize, and even try to get along, you'd be fine.

I wouldn't know how to burn books. I never have, never will, and I'm not planning on helping you do so. Just because you and Gryph don't get along doesn't mean you have to stop reading DD's books, or even stop coming to the site.

You don't have to stay. You don't have to leave. It's your choice...

Comment

Originally posted by wildflower44:
          Brennick, DD's really nice. Of course she'd care- we all care, come to that! Gryph's just asking you to capitalize and everything because it's easier for members to read. The short posts rule is out of respect to DD.

Cress was kidding, sure! Come on. It's not like we're _trying_ to be mean! New members are always welcome, and we listen to what you say. Just because you're new doesn't mean we won't listen, or that we won't want to talk to you. We're all fans of the same books, so we come here to discuss them...and talk about other things too.

The site is dedicated to DD and her books, and there aren't as many YW sites as you might think. As for why she pays for this one...you'd have to ask DD herself, I'm not going to answer for her.

Gryph only gets like this if a member's been told repeatedly about the rules, and doesn't exactly listen. I have nothing against you, and Gryph's just trying to help you- I've seen her say more than once that she loves newbies. If you'd just try to capitalize, and even try to get along, you'd be fine.

I wouldn't know how to burn books. I never have, never will, and I'm not planning on helping you do so. Just because you and Gryph don't get along doesn't mean you have to stop reading DD's books, or even stop coming to the site.

You don't have to stay. You don't have to leave. It's your choice...
          She's nice? How would you know? How could I ask her?!? It not like I can just walk up to her house(I don't know her address, fanmial, anything) and ask her something! She probabaly lives in Europe somewhere...and I'm in the U.S.!! You're talking like you know her personally!

Okay, most people here are nice. Sure. Whatever.

Just how am I supposed to ask her, if shes halfway across the world?

Like I said in the other topic where Gryph was being mean, I was told the rules AFTER I posted those topics! I'm not posting small anymore, am I? I try not too!

I won't burn the books. Cause i like them.

I'll stay, unless someone doesn't want me too.

Comment

Your post length looks fine to me.

There are official chats every month that DD goes to, and it's really neat...she also posts on the forums sometimes. I'm in the US too, and no I don't really "know DD personally" -but I've been to the chats. A lot of the members have. The next chat's April 2nd at 3pm EST. You can come if you want. I'm saying DD's nice because she _is._

(Oh, and DD's in Ireland.)

I don't know why anyone would _want_ you to leave.

Er, I see you've got two posts in a row...I think when you went to edit the first one you hit the quote button by mistake. Fixed - PM The quote one's the folder with the quotation marks on, and the edit one has a pencil with an eraser.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_blue">Originally posted by Brennick:</span>
              <span class="ev_code_green">Originally posted by wildflower:
              Gryph only gets like this if a member's been told repeatedly about the rules, and doesn't exactly listen.</span>
              Yeah, but the problem here is the timing-sense. To Gryph, what looked like multiple ignorings of warnings was to Brennick the break between visits. He hadn't been given the time to correct any mistakes.

<span class="ev_code_blue">She's nice? How would you know?</span>
              Because we've talked to her a lot over the past two years. Both on the boards and in the chat. If you'd known her all that time, you'd know she's nice, too.

<span class="ev_code_blue">How could I ask her?!? It not like I can just walk up to her house (I don't know her address, fanmial, anything) and ask her something! She probabaly lives in Europe somewhere and I'm in the U.S.!!</span>
              As wildflower pointed out, DD herself is in Europe, somewhere, and that doesn't stop us asking HER questions! PM's in England. I'm in California. Birdhead's in New Zealand. Meteorite's in Hawaii. You can ask her the same way we do: in private topics, on the boards, or in chat.

Errr.. could someone decode "fanmial" to me? My head wants to read it as "fanmail" but I know that can't be right...

<span class="ev_code_blue"> You're talking like you know her personally!</span>
              We do, to a certain degree. Just as we're getting to know you, personally, by whatever you write on this board. That's why the grammar/spelling stuff is important to us. If you don't write clearly, we don't get a good sense of who you are. Just as wizards love and respect the power words, so do we. Words can make you angry or make you friends. We'd prefer it did the latter.

<span class="ev_code_blue">Okay, most people here are nice. Sure. Whatever.</span>
              Glad to see you agree!

<span class="ev_code_blue">Like I said in the other topic where Gryph was being mean, I was told the rules AFTER I posted those topics! I'm not posting small anymore, am I? I try not too!</span>
              You're doing great, and just remember that, just as you didn't have time to read all the rules, Gryph hasn't had time to read everything you've written, yet.

<span class="ev_code_blue">I won't burn the books. Cause i like them.</span>
              That's good. Otherwise, you would've had to buy them all over again.

<span class="ev_code_blue">I'll stay, unless someone doesn't want me too.</span>
              Well, that's silly. Stay because you want to, and for no other reason, please!
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
                <span class="ev_code_blue">Originally posted by Brennick:</span>
                <span class="ev_code_green">Originally posted by wildflower:
                Gryph only gets like this if a member's been told repeatedly about the rules, and doesn't exactly listen.</span>
                Yeah, but the problem here is the timing-sense. To Gryph, what looked like multiple ignorings of warnings was to Brennick the break between visits. He hadn't been given the time to correct any mistakes.

<span class="ev_code_blue">She's nice? How would you know?</span>
                Because we've talked to her a lot over the past two years. Both on the boards and in the chat. If you'd known her all that time, you'd know she's nice, too.

<span class="ev_code_blue">How could I ask her?!? It not like I can just walk up to her house (I don't know her address, fanmial, anything) and ask her something! She probabaly lives in Europe somewhere and I'm in the U.S.!!</span>
                As wildflower pointed out, DD herself is in Europe, somewhere, and that doesn't stop us asking HER questions! PM's in England. I'm in California. Birdhead's in New Zealand. Meteorite's in Hawaii. You can ask her the same way we do: in private topics, on the boards, or in chat.

Errr.. could someone decode "fanmial" to me? My head wants to read it as "fanmail" but I know that can't be right...

<span class="ev_code_blue"> You're talking like you know her personally!</span>
                We do, to a certain degree. Just as we're getting to know you, personally, by whatever you write on this board. That's why the grammar/spelling stuff is important to us. If you don't write clearly, we don't get a good sense of who you are. Just as wizards love and respect the power words, so do we. Words can make you angry or make you friends. We'd prefer it did the latter.

<span class="ev_code_blue">Okay, most people here are nice. Sure. Whatever.</span>
                Glad to see you agree!

<span class="ev_code_blue">Like I said in the other topic where Gryph was being mean, I was told the rules AFTER I posted those topics! I'm not posting small anymore, am I? I try not too!</span>
                You're doing great, and just remember that, just as you didn't have time to read all the rules, Gryph hasn't had time to read everything you've written, yet.

<span class="ev_code_blue">I won't burn the books. Cause i like them.</span>
                That's good. Otherwise, you would've had to buy them all over again.

<span class="ev_code_blue">I'll stay, unless someone doesn't want me too.</span>
                Well, that's silly. Stay because you want to, and for no other reason, please!
                Ok, that makes sense.

SHE IS ON THE FORUMS!?!?!?! Juanita!!

That makes sense! I could just personal message her! Oh, wait. You don't have personal messages.

I did mean fanmail.

It all makes sense now!

Yesh!

How can you say that? All I've done is complain, whine, yell, and I haven't even got one answer to my orginal question for the topic yet.
                But thanks for the complement!

Yeah, I guess you're right. And I still have to buy all the other books!

Ok, sorry.

Me

P.S. Why do people keep editing my messages?

Comment

P.S. Why do people keep editing my messages?
                  If you post twice in a row, or when you accidentally quoted your whole post instead of editing it, one of us has been editing them together; it's the "costing DD money" thing. As the quote was an accident, I just edited it, without nagging you.
                  I haven't even got one answer to my orginal question for the topic yet.
                  kli6 said early on that the topic had come up before. Since DD joined in with the discussion, it seemed better just to point to it than to summarise it - then you can see her actual answers. Just click on that link to read it.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Yes DD is REALLY nice! She's the best! One time she was having a chat in the old chatroom before they closed it, and I couldn't get into it, I could only get into the new Chime one, and DD came to Chime to say hi to me personally she's really cool and an AWESOME writer! Don't leave! *looks pointedly at gryph* Hehe I am an "oldbie", I guess...I've been here for almost 2 years and it's really a lot of fun here, you just need to get settled in. *huggles*
                    ~Rachel

Comment

PM:
                      If you post twice in a row, or when you accidentally quoted your whole post instead of editing it, one of us has been editing them together; it's the "costing DD money" thing. As the quote was an accident, I just edited it, without nagging you.
                      It's also, supposedly, to save you from me. XD I'm not mad -- I don't hold grudges.

I apologize, though, I'm sorry. I thought all of your different topics and posts had come after I had warned you, not all at the same time. If you'll understand, I thought you were ignoring me when I tried to correct you.

I'm sorry. And, by the way, if you have anything against me, please don't judge everyone else by me; there's only one Gryphon.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I think we just might have convinced Brennick to stay now , I dont know how long I've been here but trust me its worth it! I've only ever emailed DD twice I think and both times she replied and was really nice too. Which I have to say Im very grateful for .

Now back on topic... what is the topis again? Oh yeah, movie. I would like to think that in the next five years there would be one but at the moment with all the Harry Potter Movies and the realease of 'His Dark materials series' the movie, oh and Eragon, I'm afraid that it would not be as popular! But I cant wait and DD is just waiting, which is great!
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon:
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PM:
                          It's also, supposedly, to save you from me. XD I'm not mad -- I don't hold grudges.

I apologize, though, I'm sorry. I thought all of your different topics and posts had come after I had warned you, not all at the same time. If you'll understand, I thought you were ignoring me when I tried to correct you.

I'm sorry. And, by the way, if you have anything against me, please don't judge everyone else by me; there's only one Gryphon. </div>[quote]
                          Ok, I understand. XD? What does that mean? Ok, thanks for not being mad!

Its alright, I can see what you did. On the other forum I go to, it happens to me all the time!

Its alright, I'm to lazy to hold a grudge. (hehe). I hnever had anything against you, I was just frusterated(ithysi?), I guess.

Me!

Comment

Brennick:
                            XD? What does that mean?
                            It's a smile, but one that isn't like one of the pictures. Look at it sideways and imagine the X as eyes kindof squinting-smiling.

Hello, Brennick. I'm one of the 'usuals' who you haven't seen yet (unless you've perused TOGR). You can shorten my username to just Sharky. Everyone does. Except for the people who call me Ed. Or Jaws. Or Djinni. Or HWI(Not)C. (For a complete list, see injokes). Yeah, I'm the guy who sort of floats around and posts when he has something worth saying. I happened to be pointed to this topic, and here I am.

So where was I? Ah, yes, planning world domin--that is, giving my greeting and comments to you. I'm 17, btw, and I'm from the Wash. DC suburbs. Don't mind Gryphon, she just made a mistake, we all do.

Except me.

Just kidding.

As the other, more crazy (Btw, that's another thing. I'm the go between for the sane newbies, and the crazy forum members. I myself am sane, but can speak the crazy one's language.) forum members, mentioned, DD is very much on this site, it is very much hers and she can show herself in any forum, any time, any place. Just make sure you don't say anything you wouldn't want her to see. At any rate, as one person said a long time ago (not an exact quote.) "DD also has an admin password, and has been known to use it 'with wild abandon.'" Even if she doesn't speak, she reads and keeps up. If you don't, DD, tell me now!

(You see, if she says she doesn't then she does, because she read it. And if she does and she doesn't answer, it's because she does! It's win-win! You get it?! Ahh nevermind... *snicker*)

She is all too willing to talk to us in chat, though in my opinion she's rather close fisted with some key detail about certain characters in the upcoming YW books, i.e. Ponch. *looks pleadingly at DD--"Just a hint about him? Please?!"* About 9 of us tried to get something out of her, by surprising her with the questions, but DD's rather sharp, and we were denied. Again and again.

And again.

DD's really down to earth, and so is Lee, the head admin.

Oh, btw, we do have private messages. Just click 'new' and private message. DD probably won't be able to answer a PM, though because she is rather busy, but you can always talk to her in chats.

Enjoy the forums! Meet the people! Soon we'll all know each other pefectly. I can remember when Gryphon, yes Gryphon was new (i didn't post much at all back then, but) and when Wildflower was new, and when a lot of people who are oldbies now were new. You just get to know and trust people, and it all works out. Right. I suggest you read the newbie topics if you haven't to get some other background (not just rules, either, I think there's a thing on injokes there, where you can see all my alotted names...)

And with that...
                            ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                            +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Okay, thanks Sharky.

BTW- I did ge tyour little thing, cause I do stuff like it all the time!

Why should she give you hints? That'd just ruin the book! As I see it, Ponch is going to be very important in the next couple of books. So her telling you would be like someone saying the punch line of a joke, before the joke was even started!
                              NOT WORTH IT!
                              If she told you, then it'd probably wouldn't make sense until you started reading it. Then the cool feeling of suspense (Also a way to convice your mom to let you keep reading) you get during books is gone. You'd know what was going to happen.

Me

Comment

Well, total spoilers would ruin it, yeah. [highlight for HPbook5 spoilers] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">But it's like knowing that Sirius died at the end of the Order of the Phoenix. Sure, we wouldn't want to know that it was him that died. But it was pretty cool knowing that someone was going to die, and speculating about it before the books came out, right? </span>

So of course we don't want to know everything. But a few hints about Ponch are cool, which is why we keep pestering DD. Also, it's fun to annoy Herself, because we know that she's LAUGHING AT US as we try to figure out what's happening.
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X