• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there going to be a SYWTBAW movie?

Ditto.

----

like movies of the books?
    does dd want them to?

[edited to consolidate two one-liners, 'cause Gryphon's starting to scare me --kli ]

Brennick, I've talked to you about short posts. The same thing applies to substanceless topic starters. Please STOP!!! What, one word!? Say _something_ _anything_ relevent.

"Ditto"

Don't you have anything to say? I mean, "I would like this" or "I wouldn't like this" and why. Or, instead of creating an entirely new topic, you could've replied to an already existing one. Or you could've squeezed that single line into your togr post. Lots of one questions in one post is okay. What you're doing is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN AN ENTIRELY NEW TOPIC!!!

Don't do one liners, definitely don't do one word-ers. And, in case you were wondering,

"D
    i
    t
    t
    o"

Would still count as a short post.

*bows*

[adds:]

Also, as I know I've told you, CAPITALIZE YOUR SENTENCES.

You can edit your original post by clicking the eraser button instead of DOUBLE POSTING. One short post is worse than two short posts.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon: One short post is worse than two short posts.
      Uh... Isn't two short posts worse than one? *scratches head* Well, this is a short post in itself, but I just found that a little confuzzling.
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Yes, two short posts are worse than one short, but one short is still worse than one long, substansive post about a subject. And I'm sure that Gryph's fingers just got ahead of her and she meant to say the reverse.

Brennick, I agree with Gryph; while throwing out a question like that is one way to start a subject like this, you might want to 1) search around and see if it's already been discussed (use the Find button in the toolbar at the top of this page); and 2) write about what you think of the subject, first. It's more conversational and gives people a handle for replying, rather than sorta-kinda demanding that they entertain you as you sit back and do nothing.

I should also point out that the movie subject has been discussed before. At some length. I'd suggest going to read, there, exactly how DD feels about it, given that Herself wrote a post about it.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Well, I think we should all analyze the proper way to write a post, and bug poor Brennick about it until he decides not to come here anymore. Because that just seems uber cool to me.
          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
          I promise not to funfun anymore
          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Cress is right. Poor Brennick. Sorry if we're making you feel like a target with a ton of arrows in it! We really do want you here!!!!

Do you want me to unarchive the YW movie thread so you can respond to it? I just discovered this is amongst my mod powers.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I would like it if you could dig out the YW movie thread.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cress:
                Well, I think we should all analyze the proper way to write a post, and bug poor Brennick about it until he decides not to come here anymore. Because that just seems uber cool to me.
                fine! i won't come here anymore! i'll burn all my yw books and hope dd decides not to write anymore!!
                is this all short post? is that a short post? is this all you talk about>?<.
                is this post long enought yet?
                you didn't even answer my simple question!
                since as i didn't know that there was a different topic, thats why i started this new one!
                is this post long enough?
                why're you so mean? you told me to write short posts after my first time, so when i came back i saw it after i asked the other things.
                hoping i never have to come back here again,

Brennick

P.S. is this long enough?

P.P.S. tell DD that i love her books, but the people on this site just aren't nice.

Comment

I hope we didn't scare you away, Brennick. This is a great site, and everybody's really nice, even if they don't seem that way at first. I'm a kind-of-newbie here, considering I've only been posting for...wow, two months already? Yeah, I like it here, even if I don't post on book related topics all that often. (The Topic of Great Randomness is where most of my posts are found, and I assume that's true for most of the people with thousands of posts.) Don't be too scared of us. We're just crazy.
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Nope, i'm leaving. Mean people are here, and I don't want to be a victim. Don't delete my thingit! I'll probably just read the excerpts. And the funny topics! Goodbye all!
                    Tell DD that I absolutely love her books!

Hoping that this isn't a short post,

Brennick

Comment

Brennick, wow. *eye twitchy* We say you ought to increase the length of your post and CAPITALIZE your words. That length is okay, but you still aren't capitalizing.

AS"
                      Uh... Isn't two short posts worse than one? *scratches head* Well, this is a short post in itself, but I just found that a little confuzzling.
                      Eh heh, yeah. S'what I meant. XD

Thor:
                      I would like it if you could dig out the YW movie thread.
                      You've made my day! WOOH, caps coming from a newbie. I think newbies rock, but... not if they still won't get the rules after I've (and the rest of the forum has) explained the rules to them half a billion times. *glares pointedly at Bennick* Caps aren't that hard...
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Originally posted by Brennick:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cress:
                        fine! i won't come here anymore! </div>[quote]
                        Uh, Cress was being sarcastic, and criticising people for just picking on you.

kli6 did answer your question - instead of summarising a series of answers, she gave you a link in her post to a previous discussion, so that you could see what DD herself said about YW movies.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Brennick, if you think we're mean, I guess there's nothing we can do. We can't force you to stay someplace where you think you're not wanted.
                          The short post rule gets stressed a lot sometimes, and maybe it seems a bit hard sometimes, but you'll get used to it!
                          Cress was kidding, by the way. (Weren't you, Cress. *nudge*)
                          But really, just post when you have something to say that contributes to the topic, not because you can, and you'll be fine. It's not a requirement to post every day, or in every topic. Just get to know everyone, and you'll be fine.

You don't have to come back, but you don't have to leave. It's your choice, and you might not even see this.

Just try, at least. If you do stay, you don't have to post right off. Or even at all. Just read the topics, like you said. And if you find something that you have an opinion on, or something relating to the topic, then post. Your posts'll be longer if you have more to say.

Capitilization is a good thing. You could try to capitilize at least a little. When I was new I didn't either, but after Gryph asked me to, I started capitilizing. It's not hard, and it'll save you Gryph's yelling at you.

Comment

Brennick wrote:
                            P.P.S. tell DD that i love her books, but the people on this site just aren't nice.
                            Why don't you stick around and tell her that yourself? I'm sure she'd love to know. At any rate, she'll be in the chatroom in April 2nd. You should at least join that.

The people on this site ARE nice, in my opinion. You just got hit with a landslide of netiquette because we've had a lot of new people come on the board recently, and everybody who's here is a little tired of explaining the rules over and over. I know I am. I'm sorry that you're so frustrated by all this! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Comment

Brennick, don't leave just because of that one message. The rules here a different to other boards, and I know that I - for one - get frustrated on other boards when people post pointless stuff - because I compare it to here which is an amazingly small compared to some other groups, and as such we're fairly close knit... thats not to say that we don't like new people, we love when new people join us, its just like Kathy says, we get sick of explaining rules whenever there is an influx of new people... Please stay around, and join in all the fun and craziness of the Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X