YW TV series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW TV series?

I remember someone saying they were going to make a series out of the young wizards.Is there any more news about that. I just can't remember which chat room it came up in so I made a topic for it. I just want to know when it starts and what channel?

Please help, confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess_nita0
    Night owl,Up till Dawn
    "You must change yourself before you change your surrondings"
    "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth cacthing?"
    "when light enters the room darkness cannot stay. The truth is the light."
    "If the truth is the light.. explore ways we can enlighten those in the dark."
    "If it is based on a lie it cannot survive"(By Yours truly

I was just thinking about this today, actually. It was in this forum. If you look a little you'll find it.
    I do want to know if this was followed through and if there is going to be a series. If so, when? I think it'll be interesting to watch.
    in my field of paper flowers

Comment

IIRC, it was followed through... however, I dunno. You might want to check the News archives, or try Owl Springs (I think it's liniked to somewhere around here; other wise, go to DD's blog, which it's definitely linked to. The addy might be httP://www.owlsprings.com/ but I'm not sure) which is DD and her husband's site. There'll probably be something around... as for channels... Uh, I don't think it's even written, so don't start channel surfing yet.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

[Note: This post is mainly in response to a discussion (contained in a previous thread) concerning other authors (besides DD) writing for a YW television series or movie). I am placing this post here as, while some of the participants in the original discussion still visit these forums (at least if my memory of who was involved is correct), the original thread seems to have disappeared (at least I can't find it) and this appears to be the thread currently extant that best approximates the old thread (though only to first order *).]

One of the links in Quill's extensive (practically encylopaedic) list of DD-related web sites (located under 'Various Links' in the 'DDLinks' section of the forums) is to the "major commentary" on DD at Everything2. One of the main attractions of this site is a reproduction of a post DD made to rec.arts.sf.written in 2000 concerning writing in shared universes (still available in its original format herearen't any other authors who will be able to work successfully in the YW universe, though this does not strike me as being particularly likely --for, while on first blush, it seems that there might not be a large number of authors for whom working in the YW universe would be congenial, I can't imagine there not being any (and DD, I'm sure, would play a large role in deciding who to 'invite' into her world).

Nathan

* Sorry! I've done entirely too many power series expansions. All I mean is that this thread well approximates the generalities of the previous thread, but diverges quickly from the old thread when specifics are considered.

Ubi materia, ibi geometria. --Johannes Kepler

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
        Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

I would feel strongly negative about a spinoff of Nita and Kit's adventures. However! I did have an idea somewhat earlier, when I posted under "Carl and Tom?" What about a spinoff that showed their younger adventures? That would resolve both the issue of whether or not they're gay and my personal issue with TV adaptions of Nita and Kit. Just a thought

-Rrraua

Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...
          Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I don't know, but I'm starting to wish she'd answer you. From what I remember the TV series (miniseries?) is intended to start off, at least, with plots based on the actual series; I also remember DD saying to people who were anxiously hoping she wouldn't change anything that some things would have to be changed because what made good books didn't always make good TV, but she wouldn't mind because she'd be the one making the changes.

Comment

Several thouhgts:

1. Don't let anyone make a romance between Kit and Nita that's not supposed to be there! It would RUIN SYWTBAW!!!!

2. I think that the "in-between" adventures might make a cool mini-series. As long as there was continuity between the stories and the books, it might be interesting. I mean, Kit and Nita do more than just what's in the books. They meet lots of other wizards and do some pretty cool things. The series would have to be handled realyl well, though, so that it wouldn't fall into predictable patterns or anything.

3. A movie would be so great. Some of the scenes would translate really well to film. I wonder who could pull of playing Nita. She's not exactly a small role, is she? And Dairine? She'd be so difficult to get accross....

A Jedi Ewok
                And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and Princess of Pennames...
                A physics geek
                And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Dairine would be hard, but I think it's Kit and Nita who would be really hard to do. In a book, you can get in characters' heads: you know what they're thinking. Plus, you haev subtext. Everything you need to know about the characters is written down. TV/movies/plays, though, rely almost entirely on the actors for that: you just can't script inner monologues (unless you're Shakespeare, in which case, go ahead, don't mind me. ) So it means that sometimes the good guys come across priggish, the way orlando did in LoTR and Pirates. Or Hero does just about every time I see her played, and Cosette often does. This is why character parts are easier, I guess. But it would mean it would be really hard to play Kit and Nita exactly as they are in the books. (Which comes back to the whole what makes good reading does not neccesarily make good TV thing)

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                  --Agent M
                  Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Someone to play Dairine? I think maybe Scarlett Pomers (Kyra on "Reba")...but then that's just my opinion. I'm still not quite sure what Nita looks like, so I don't know who could possibly play her...

~Rad
                    I love Superchic[k]!
                    The Moosetrix Alaska
                    *Dai'Stiho*
                    ~Rachel

Comment

I thought DD said she didn't want the books to be turned into movies! But she didn't say anything about TV I guess. Tricky! Well, Agent M, they can't make a romance thing with Kit and Nita 'cuz it would ruing the whole Ronan scene plus it would mess the series up. I have mixed feeling about the idea, but if this would be done right, I'd wanna see it FOR SURE!

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline
                      "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

Working...
                      X