No announcement yet.

a movie being made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of people would be underestimating audiences to think that (especially) SYWTBW and YW concepts--like the price of magic, or entropy, or sacrifice, or an enemy like the Lone Power--were all that alien to them. I mean, we understand, right?

That's not to say that certain things wouldn't need explanation. Or that the explanation wouldn't have to be well done. I do think it's possible, and that audiences can surprise people. And they're looking for something different and challenging, which YW would be.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

What about a movie then a t.v. show? I would probably be mad at how both turned out, and watch it anyway. I'm weird like that.
      P.S. I love Joss Whedon.
      P.P.S. No one I know really understands the books anymore and I'm afraid no one would understand the movie/t.v. show either.

Comment

to what Slash said about ur friend saying Harry Potter, it's prolly just because more people know about Harry Potter and partly cuz it's a movie now too

the YW series would be more known if it were a movie but i get everyone's point, it would kinda ruin the "imagination" part of things

hopefully i just made sense? hehe

Comment

Imagination part of things? Is that like sayin' YW is too uhhh much like reality than HP is?

Ha. Yknow if ya think 'bout it, it is XD

Ah well....I'd take Neets and Kit over HP anyways...HP's actors in the movies are so ugly now...but that's jus my opinion so...yah w/e
          ~~~~---------------~~~~~
          sweetbox!!!~

Comment

If theree was a movie I think DD would let us try out for it! I would like to play Nita but I would be too many lines maybe her sis no still to many ... I don't know I would like too!

Well to get back on topic I think that maybe If you get the book more famos then you can have a movie, I mean if you think about it not a lot of peoples no about the book. When you go to a book store you see books like HP and Dr,Suse and the book Hoot. But If we get thoes books on the front
            table in the book store we can spread the book to
            THE WORLD ten times better!

Merged two posts. See the Board FAQ for how to edit your own posts to add to them. - Peter

Comment

But DD said in the Jan 2005 chat:
              <span class="ev_code_blue">Diane Duane Artemis -- You're fishing in the wrong waters. Writers don't get to say who acts.</span>
              So it wouldn't be up to her to let anyone try out.

Do you get the impression that this has been mentioned before?

And, be fair: if you were going to see a YW film, and you weren't picked for any of the main parts, would you want to see forum members or professional actors (Ok, young professional actors...) playing the main parts?
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I now I was just kidding! LOL
                I can't act good infront of people!

My mom was in the front room and I was reading on the over hang. And I over heard her say on the phone that I was reading some HP wana bee! right then I screamed out load! (one of thoes uggggg screams not one of thoes girley aaaaa) My mom yelled " What the ... is wrong with you?" I said back "you would not know if I told you." After that my mom looked at me (giving me the evil eye),
                and said "Well ... if your going to have a bad aditude I am taking your book away!"
                I just sort of ran in to my room and over heard my mom say " kids ta day" ... I am just saying about the movie that a lot of people tink it is a HP wana bee!

Merged two posts again - Peter

Comment

Since y'all are talking about movies that are not the same as the book, I wanted to mention that I have only seen one movie that I felt was the same as the book, that Movie/Book was 'Holes'. The two movies that were extreamly different from the book was '2001: A Space Odysey' & '2010: A Space Odysey Two'
                  ~~~
                  No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

Alaha guys!
                    Yes, I'm back. Anywho, Iris, You and ZI share the exact same thinking. And I think that if DD helps out with the screenplay and such, the movie will be just as good as the book.

Drama_Queen

Comment

who's Zi? sorry, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sean L.:
                        Very few (if any) adaptations are entirely sucessful or liked, because there is always something lost in translation - books require imagination and thinking, whereas moves are simply a glut for the senses.
                        I've always thought it was like comparing apples to jet airliners actually...

*throws an apple off the runway*

But if I could pick, I'd totally want to see a tv show...movies are cool and all and you'd know they'd spend a billion dollars to make it, and get all the wrong actors for it, and it would still be wonderful somehow...I mean, but a show would be better...you get to see the characters on your tv every week at home, they become a part of your life...you go out and get all of season one on DVD...LOL

Comment

Well, with the sean part do the act out the sean then sent it to DD or do they just say " I liked the sean when Nita wen't to the moon?"

Becouse if it is acting the sean then could DD put them on the website?
                          I would like too see them.

Comment

Thank you, Alla!
                            Alla just explained in chat what the first post in this topic was about - I hadn't realised what drama_queen_supreme meant back then.

DD decided to try an official fanfic. She wrote the first scene, and has written the odd-numbered scenes since then. It's a fanfic, not based on any of the books. It's being written in script format, but that's probably just to cut to the point. There have been eight "rounds" so far - four by DD, four by fans. On each round, people vote for the scene they like best, and that one is then part of the story.

The Wizards on Call project is here. It's been on hold for about ten months now, though, as DD has had other projects to work on, ones that actually pay for cat food.

It was never intended to become a movie, though, just to be a fanfic. DD has talked to people about a possible movie or TV series, but that's entirely separate from this.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                            X