a movie being made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a movie being made?

does anybody know whats up w/ this whole movie thing? i mean i know that shes having people send in scenes they'd like, but does anyone know anything else?

I don't think DD's asked for those. She's been asked in several chats about a possible movie or TV version, and it's probably best to point you to the list of chat transcripts rather than to try and summarise them.

Or I could summarise it as "Nothing seems to be definite, but she's thinking about it".
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I heard the rumor too, and I found this on the FAQ part of the site... so rumor? I don't know truth? I don't know but I did find just this
      http://www.youngwizards.com/Young_Wizards_FAQ_(Frequent...sked_Questions).html

"Have any of the Young Wizards books been made into movies? Is there any truth to the rumors about a TV series?

DD is presently involved through her LA screen agents in talks with several major Hollywood studios who are interested in producing either a feature film or a TV series. It's too soon to mention any names, but the development process is moving forward, and DD expects to be able to make an announcement some time in mid-2006."

So maybe in the future there may be a movie made.. who knows XD lol

Comment

The book I think is better than harry potter it SHOULD be a movie when I go to a movie theater I always hope to se a peravew of the book being a movie!

Comment

IN some ways, I would enjoy a movie. But I wouldn't like that my imagination would be replaced by actors. Thats what happened to me when I watched HP. ANyways, GTG.
          Azen
          In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

lol, very true about ruining the imagination part yeah, but it would still be really neat to see how they would do certain things. So I guess I am kinda hoping they will. And yeah I like it better than HP too, HP is.. hmm too much non-reality I guess so its a little harder to get drawn into the world and get lodt in the book and thats hat I love about reading soo much. And the YW series is a bit more believabl and I guess that makes it easyer to get kost in? XD lmao I have no clu what I am trying to say... lol

" I love You is 8 letters, but so is Bullcrap "

Comment

Yha after watching the HP movie for the forth year i could not think of what I rilley thought befor of the moive!

Comment

Car doors will soon take over the world! The little blender who could told me so!

I was a newbie for a whole year!!*newbie dances* I will always be a newbie at heart though.

Comment

Honestly, I think a t.v. show would be better too, lol agreeing with Paige cause it would last longer, but I wouldn't like having to wait every week XD

Comment

Krud. I wanted to direct the movie when I grew up, but if DD is already talking to LA producers...that doesn't bode well. Oh well, maybe they'll have a different director every time, like HP does. If I just get to do AWA, then I'll bea happy.

Comment

thanks everybody! i really would rather have a movie, but even if they made it a tv series, id like it! all i kno is it better come out soon!

PS im so obsessed w/ harry potter that i still remember what i first thought about it!

[edited to combine two one-liner posts.--kli]

Comment

Originally posted by Adbelliveau:
                        Krud. I wanted to direct the movie when I grew up, but if DD is already talking to LA producers...that doesn't bode well. Oh well, maybe they'll have a different director every time, like HP does. If I just get to do AWA, then I'll bea happy.
                        Welllll... you may be out of luck there, as well. DD's already stated which of her friends she'd want directing YW, since she thinks his sensibility is perfect for it. But maybe!
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yeah, it would be a slim chance, I was mostly joking. If I could just do something by DD...Stealing the Elf Kings Roses would be awesome.

Comment

sorry for this one liner but out of idle curiousity why doesn't DD direct the movie herself or will she be far too busy?
                            ---------------------------------------
                            YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                            "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Most writers aren't necessarily the best directors; movie and literature are different mediums that most people can not translate.
                              Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                              Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Working...
                              X