No announcement yet.

YW Movie Composer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely see (hear?) James Horner's music especially in a movie of Deep Wizardry. How about Karl Jenkins? (I can imagine Adiemus in DW, definitely.)

THE INCREDIBLES. INCREDIBLE. (Horrible I know, sorry if I killed somebody.)

---------LifeSong

Comment

Hey, what about me? Y'think I could do it? Okay, I guess I've got to make more of a name for myself first. But when I get a chance, I'll upload the music I wrote for a scene from A Wizard of Mars. I love film scoring.

Also, I'm working on something rather interesting with the Song of the Twelve. It's kind of a summer project, but I'm also taking college classes, so we'll see what I really have time for.

In any case, it'd be cool to have themes from various things pulled in to the music. Some hints at Star Wars would be awesome, for sure.

Comment

You can write music? That's awesome! I try sometimes, but it doesn't seem to work

Also, I don't think this was mentioned yet - Murray Gold? You know, the guy who writes the music for Doctor Who. Just go to youtube and listen to "This Is Gallifrey: Our Childhood, Our Home". Or "The Clouds Pass". It's for music like this that you can use the word epic.
        Last edited by LifeSong; June 17, 2011, 06:52:26 PM.

Comment

My preference would be for Danny Elfman (most famous for The Simpsons theme tune), mostly because I loved his work for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride.

John Williams is his own special kind of awesome, though.
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
          X