This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finland: YW reviews...

Finnish-language YW reviews can be found at the "risingshadow.net" website. The review for High Wizardry is here --

http://www.risingshadow.net/phpBB2/b...p?book_id=1836
    Lee / Forum Administrator

duuude. my friend julz is spending the year in finland... mabye i can get her to get me a copy! :: schemes::
    vv
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Haha, nordic wizard translates the review!

Original book published 1990. Translated by Jorma-Veikko Sappinen.

Nita and Kit in Space

After two dangerous missions, Nita and Kit are an experienced wizard-pair. Their battles before against the Lone Power are nothing against this adventure, where Nita's little sister Dairine leads them.

11-year-old Dairine becomes acquainted with the secrecy of magic with her new computer version of the Manual. She want's to do a trip to space, but she gets lost on a weird planet on the other side of our galaxy. The Lone Power, the creator of the death, is waiting for her there. Dairine is a very strong young wizard, but she's not very accomplished. So the mission that is chosen for her is going to end in a catastrophe. Can Nita and Kit get there before Dairine brings chaos to the whole universe?

Diane Duane, who lives in Ireland, has published over 20 scifi and fantasybooks during her career. Young Wizards is her most popular book series, it has sold over 600 000 books.

[Some quotes translated into finnish from enlish, I'm not translating them back]

That's it. The end, did you like it?
      [hr]The Finnish Wizard, suomalainen velho

Comment

*Applause*

You have a very good handle on the English language, Harakka! Nice translation, no errors that I can tell so far. How long have you known English? Anyway, I give it a 10/10 *huggles*
        ~Rachel

Comment

Working...
        X