This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling the new Foreign Language area

As the foreign editions of the YW books begin to proliferate, DD has suggested that we should start a section to deal with news and weblinks from the non-English language areas of YW fandom. Those of you who're reading the Young Wizards books in languages other than English, please feel free to participate!

When you're posting about developments in another country, please put the country's name first in your message subject, so that Forum members interested in that information can find it more quickly.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

I haven't read the books in a different language (yet) but it sounds like a great idea!! I wonder if they'll ever come out in Afrikaans (language in South Africa, by the way) Then I would have an excuse to buy more books!
    All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

hmm maybe i could learn another language that way! read books in another language

good idea since this message board is for everyone!

Comment

I already know Afrikaans, but i'm HORRIBLE at reading and writing it.....
        I was born in South Africa, but I've lived in the states for most of my life.....next time i visit (after Christmas! 'squeal' i haven't been in 4 years!!!) i'll try to find the Afrikaans version.
        All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Working...
        X