The Things I Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Things I Want

Diane pointed to TheThingsIWant.com over on her blog today. Anybody want to buy her that $10K copy of the Arabian Nights? :-)
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Maybe I'm looking at an old version, but when I look at Out Of Ambit, it still shows a fond farewell to Madeleine L'Engle, and hasn't updated since. Is this through the mirror site?
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Yes, it's through http://dduane.livejournal.com/. I don't know why her posting tool (whichever one she uses) didn't post to both blogs, but there have been a few posts coming through there that haven't shown up on OOA.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

sorry, don't have the kind of money required for that. :P besides, I"M still trying to get the arabian nights...i once heard (read) it was impossible to read the entire thing, and i'm just bored enough to try to prove them wrong! (*hopes they aren't all that expensive though, or i'll NEVER get one*)
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

YR, I believe that it is actually that one cannot read the whole thing _in one sitting_. I can see that, isn't it several volumes long?

...^^ The pink travel kit ??

Wow. I had never pinned DD for the pink type, but I guess I was wrong, :P Well, that's a good thing. When peoples' characters still surprise you (pleasantly, I suppose) it's a good thing. :: )))

Wow, I'm a smile-y kind of person today, aren't I?

just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

i was afraid that might be the case...*Will wait till i'm an adult and THEN do it then for the same reason* what? one day you just KNOW i'm going to be sitting around with nothing to do for weeks on end and i'll be glad of the opportunity. :P *never expected pink loving either, but hadn't really thought about it*
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
            X