List of online Young Wizards Resources Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of online Young Wizards Resources Discussion

Ok, on Kathy's suggestion, and since I am sure that I will forget something, or someone will know of a resource that I do not, this will be a discussion of where one might find information about the Young Wizards Universe online, to possibly be included in a FAQs entry. The following are the ones that I can think of:

The Obvious Two:

www.youngwizards.com and
    www.youngwizards.net/forums (not youngwizards.net itself, because that is just the gateway )

Additionally:

The Errantry Concordance (found at http://www.youngwizards.com/Errantry...php/Main_Page)
    This is a wikipedia-like encyclopedia containing select information on topics related to the Young Wizards Universe. It is not, however, completely Wiki-like, as due to copyright reasons, only DD Herself can update pages.

The Wellakh Database by Piper (forum member):
    http://www.freewebs.com/wellakhdatabase/

I guess that DD's home page should also be included, so:
    www.dianeduane.com and the associated blogs (www.dianeduane.com/outofambit and http://dduane.livejournal.com - things are cross posted between these, different format just makes it easier to keep up to date for all of the different readers).

And since the Feline Wizards novels are part of the YW universe:

www.the-big-meow.com

I guess that there is the various interesting references to DD on the net, such as her IMDB page (http://imdb.com/name/nm0239032/), but I'm not sure. If we started including such things, then it could get out of control, because then, of course there is her Wikipedia page, and her Uncyclopedia page...

Any one have any other suggestions or any thoughts on the matter?

Ohwowz, guess I should find time to actually you know, put some information on there ^_^;

Thank you very much for including me! I feel special lol
    "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

No problem, Piper As far as I know, yours is the only fan website containing information out there. I did a quick search on Google, and most of the links that that brings up, are either Harry Potter related, or linking to the official Young Wizards websites. Do you know of any others?

Comment

No, can't say I do. I'm constantly looking for them myself, and have just about as much luck lol.

Well I shall really try to get more stuff up soon
        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

One thing that I enjoy and about the forums is that they are easily understandable and user-friendly. I've been to some of the other sites listed and I find them more confusing and harder to navigate. That is probably one of the reasons I love the forums so much is because if I want to look for something, I know exasctly where to go--or at least in the general direction. One thing i think would be benificial to the YW.com or just the YW forums would be a search bar so that new people or whoever could jsut type in what they were trying to find if it was more of an obscure topic. just my suggestions.
          Dai stiho cousins
          ~~~Ezra

Comment

The Forums actually have a search bar - or at least a search feature. The 'Find' option that sits at the top of the Forum frame is actually a very comprehensive search feature that allows you to search by keyword, user, date (I think) and a variety of other things too in order to find a post that is relevant to what you want. I am not sure whether this is present on youngwizards.com, as I do not spend that much titme on there myself.

Comment

Alla, the second link (youngwizards.net/forums) is incorrect; you forgot the eve.

Here, let me fix it:

YoungWizards.net/eve/forums

Other than that one small hiccup, that list covers it for me, Alla.

I'm glad I could help with this list (even if it was just to find a small mistake).
              "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

There is also Tui's general overview on LiveJournal, covering enough on terms, characters, plot synopsis, and fandom to get started.

http://community.livejournal.com/crack_van/2810755.html
                -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Awesome, I'll add it to the list . Thanks for that TwM

Comment

Working...
                  X