No announcement yet.

New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durriken, we have a rule here about no fanfiction (and rp can get too close to fanfiction to be comfortable), because DD herself runs the board and can't read any fanfiction. This means we have to be strict about it, so that she can't be told she stole an idea from someone else here. Non-YW fanfiction isn't allowed here either - only links. Similarly non-fanfiction fiction isn't allowed here for the same reason. When the author is running the forums you need to be more strict about fiction rules.

This does mean that the backstory is probably too close to fanfiction to be comfortable, and you should make sure not to include anything more than that. There were cases where less than that was deemed to much if I recall correctly.

I'd suggest mentioning there's a twist, and it has to do with the LP, and then just including the backstory at the site. The people who'd look are the ones interested anyways, and the people who wouldn't, are likely to not join anyways because of just not being interested in, or having time for this RP. You're unlikely to lose people because of not having the backstory here, and you would be following the rules of the boards, and not risking getting DD in trouble.

So you know the board FAQs (and rules) are avaiable here.
    The rules
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Update

Thanks Tuttle and as he said, there is a twist with the Lone Power. We are currently in need of people with decent level of coding skills and/or artistic skill. The site is a tad bit barren yet but I see this as a good thing. I would love to have all the loose ends worked out with people who I know love the series before we get people who may be new to it.

Feel free to take a look and offer any input for content or design.
      My Young Wizard's RP Forum

Comment

I suck at coding, totally and absolutely. Those things make little to no sense to me. But, I am very good at making and refining plots as well as character profiles for maybe canons and whatnot. If you want me to I'd be happy to help.
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
        "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
        "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

That sounds great. We still need a lot of plot stuff added such as our own worlds and alien races.

Comment

They say history repeats itself, don't they?

*remembers something called...the Playroom, was it?*

Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
            Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

I would love for it to be as big as the playroom. I was looking for that place when I stumbled upon this forum. I couldn't find a good Young Wizard RP forum so I decided to make my own.

Comment

Working...
              X