LJ Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ Icons

Feel free to take/edit whatever you want. Credit to odette_river at livejournal.com is appreciated.

Pictures plundered from gettyimages and youngwizards.net.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
    6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
    11. 12.

*~*~*Possible Wizards at War Spoilers Below*~*~*
    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
    6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
    11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
    16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
    21. 22.
    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >

woah, those are cool!

(not to take away, but rather to avoid starting another thred), mine:
    YW Chat Quote icons!
    YW ones, mainly from the BONWM quote in SYWTBAW
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Some of those are really nice. Krystal, I especially love 14 as well as 11 and 12 in the first set. The quotes were really good too. Why is it that "Stairway to Heaven" works so well with these books?

If both of you are up for some constructive critism on your icons I'd suggest making sure everyone can read the text. Some of these I cannot read at all, or the text takes away from the image. I used to have this problem all the time and sometimes I still do. For something clearer try finding a font that is more pixel-y (I personally like 04b_03) from font sites such as dafont.com. Also making sure the colours don't blend at all is a good idea as well, change the colour, add a background to the text (like Krystal's first set 4-9) and if you'r saving as a jpeg check the compression.

I really hope you don't mind the CC.

Comment

Nice, and the "one who is lost" ones...*sniffle* But it's nice to see someone else who makes Dari and Prince Unlikely-centric icons; it's not a huge thing among YW icon makers, it seems.

I've posted a few of mine here and here. Enjoy

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Nice, my favorite is definitally number 14.
          I would have to agree, readability is the one thing that needs work on some of them, but other than that its great.

I made one too.
          We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Caitlin, can I use one of your icons? I like them!!

Not to say I don't like the rest of yours. It was a battle to say which was the best. Really!

*fends off Poot with the Typo Fairy's Wand of Doom!*
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

yeah, sure, anytime! Glad you like!

(to avoid one-liner-ness) ...which one(s)?
              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

They're all so good! I especially love the "the moon is no dream" ones. I wanted to let everyone know that you've inspired me to try this myself. I made my Ponch icon. Also, AlidaART, I'm a big fan of yours. Prince Unlikely!
                "Go ahead! Panic! Do it now to avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!"

Comment

Fun! I like very much. Another way to show love for the books.
                  I lurk. It's what I do.
                  "Always put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

Comment

Ooh... YW LJ icons are so much cooler than the ones I have. Loving the "Toothpick of Virtue" one by Krystal.

...And I always love Alida's.

Yaaaay for pretty icons!
                    ---
                    Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Didn't feel like starting a new topic -

These aren't YW icons, but I thought they were appropriate and funny and enough related to post here.

See the icons!

Comment

OK just a dumb question but how do you make icons?? I don't have a LJ, is there any other way? Or am I stuck until/unless I get a LJ? Because... yeah... I really want to make icons, looks like fun...

Comment

Icons are usually just small images, usually no more than a hundred pixels square, normally either in JPEG or GIF format, but occasionally in PNG format. The animated ones are usually in GIF format. They're not LJ-specific in any way, though different services give them other names (like avatar) and have different limits (say 80x80 and under 20kB, or whatever). To make them you need some sort of image manipulation program like GIMP, Photoshop, or a number of other alternatives. The first step is to find out what suitable programs you have or can get. I have GIMP, at least in part because it's free...
                          Last edited by Lazy Leopard; February 8, 2011, 05:40:53 AM.
                          -- Rick.

Comment

I use GIMP as well, for much the same reason. :-)

I must go digging to see if I can find where I stashed my "My fandom ships Sehau and Aifheh" lj icon...
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
                            X