What's a Guarantor? (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a Guarantor? (Spoilers)

I don't know if this has already been talked about, but does anyone Know what a Guarantor is" Roshaun tells the sun: You know what I am...a Guarantor." I am assuming it has something to do with Roshaun being able to communicate with, and walk in, the sun. Does anyone have any more specific Info? or ideas?

"In life's name, and for lifes sake..."

"Wizardry does not live in the unwilling heart."
    "The Second Law of Thermodynamics shows that disorder inevitably tends to increase in the Universe as time passes. Entropy is a measure of this disorder. Living things are not exempt from the Second Law of Thermodynamic

I don't know if this has already been talked about, but does anyone Know what a Guarantor is" Roshaun tells the sun: You know what I am...a Guarantor." I am assuming it has something to do with Roshaun being able to communicate with, and walk in, the sun. Does anyone have any more specific Info? or ideas?

"In life's name, and for lifes sake..."

"Wizardry does not live in the unwilling heart."
    "The Second Law of Thermodynamics shows that disorder inevitably tends to increase in the Universe as time passes. Entropy is a measure of this disorder. Living things are not exempt from the Second Law of Thermodynamic

Comment

Well, it's connected to his family's... interesting status on his homeworld:

"But afterward," Roshaun said, "my ancestors, wizards and nonwizards both, spent generations learning how the sun behaved, finding out how to cure it. And they did cure it, finally, though again, almost all of my line's wizards died in the cure. Why do you think my family are kings now? They gave their lives to save the world, to make sure it would never need to be saved again from death by fire. So that in any generation where a wizard is born into the royal family again, everyone looks at them and says, 'See, there's the son of the Sun Lord, the Guarantor, there's the one who'll give his life to protect us...'"
      Then again, from this I got the impression that "Guarantor" was a term having to do with his relationship to the people of Wallakh rather than to the star itself. And that's really rather what it sounds like when Roshaun says it later....

But then that's what "Guarantor" means. If the world can't pay the price... if the people around you can't pay the price... you do.
      Of course, in YW, stars have personalities. Fred might have been one, once; Fred was certainly used to stars as the normal type of being. Perhaps "if the people around you can't pay the price" refers to the stars as well; perhaps a Guarantor is known to be someone a star can count on as well....

Comment

Working...
      X