Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a wizard, what would your specialty be? What would your real job be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were a wizard, what would your specialty be? What would your real job be?

I feel like mine would be helping with Speech and making both spoken and written more accessible and easier to learn for younger wizards. Like developing lessons that could be accessed via the manual. My real job (which I will do after I graduate college in a year) would be teaching English abroad. So the two correlate and are similar. Teaching Speech and English to learners trying to learn one of those. And both are like how Tom and Carl's wizardry relates to their real job.

GO ENGLISH TEACHERS! That's what I'm going to school for too..... But anyways, I think that my specialty would have to be creating specialty illusion spells. Or just learning the Speech to it's full extent; kinda like what Nita was doing there for a little bit in a WA and W@W.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

Well, I'm really liking the geography I'm taking in school, so maybe I'll be a geologist and talk to rocks. They could tell me how they became what they are today. :P
      How do you wake Lady Gaga up in the morning?
      You poke her face.

Comment

I don't think it would have changed anything; I would have still become a geologist. I fell in love with studying rocks in high school, and I look back to my childhood and they've always fascinated me. Being a wizard might have helped with some of the harder projects at university. If only the rocks could actually talk...

Comment

I really can't imagine myself not being in math. I'm just trying to figure out what specialty a mathematician wizard would have.

As for what my real job would me. I think I'd be more likely to actually be employed if I was a wizard. It depends how far academically I would go in that case - likely I'd either go into mathematical research (with a high enough degree, assuming wizardry didn't take too much of my time for that), or focus on tutoring twice exceptional students in math (which is probably more specific than it should be but still). I don't think I'd be drastically different, other than that I'd be really tempted to have constant wizardry up to help me go through my daily life and that'd likely not be something I'd find acceptable, but at the same time would be something I'd be incredibly tempted by.
          We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Originally posted by alla View Post
            I don't think it would have changed anything; I would have still become a geologist. I fell in love with studying rocks in high school, and I look back to my childhood and they've always fascinated me. Being a wizard might have helped with some of the harder projects at university. If only the rocks could actually talk...
            That's kind of what I was going after, but you worded it in a much better way. :P

The thing about being a real wizard is what would be considered "cheating"? I mean, how would non-wizards feel about wizards doing the same jobs but they were better at the jobs because they could do something other people couldn't do? If you were a wizard in real life, would you hide that fact or would you make it part of your job?
            You poke her face.

Comment

Hmm. I guess I would still be an author, but I'd be away from home a little more often than most people. Imagine being able to go to different places to do research with just a "beam-me-up-Scotty" spell... And if I got stuck in alternate Victorian England, like in To Visit the Queenwicked...
              Last edited by dorotheia; December 13, 2011, 01:25:36 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Hehe, thanks. I got it from a friend.
                You poke her face.

Comment

Working...
                X