Spells in Wizardry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear! Netspeak! Not a fun thing...

That's really all I posted to say... so I need to find something on-topic to fill up the rest of this post, lest it become a one-liner.

I think I would love for my specialty to be either off-planet work (this would be more fun if I had a partner), or healing and plant work. I've always wanted to be able to heal both the mind and body, or be able to help plants and animals in need. See how life looks on their side of the story.

Outer space always has fascinated me as well. What I wouldn't give to walk on the moon, or stand on the surface of mars! I have so many planet charts hung up in my room, I'm almost running out of wall space for books... I dream of just standing in moon dust without a space suit to weigh me down, just staring at the stars. What would a parent think if I came home covered in moon dust, I wonder...

Anyways, I know that's not possible right now... no scientist actually knows how they could go about bending time and space, to make things like this happen. Some don't even have theories. But temporospatial claudications would be the best thing in the world...
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I'm not sure that's really lucid dreaming. I've found that if I think of something a lot before I fall asleep, I usually dream about it, but that's pretty normal. Or maybe that's not what you meant. I can also sometimes control my dreams, which is less common, but not unheard of. Nelina, some people, including me, believe that there is a storage of all the knowledge in the universe, rather like the book of night with moon. Some people are linked to it, and can even learn to access information at will. Perhaps you are one of those people. I have a friend who I think is, he'll say some random fact and have no idea how he knows it, then when we look it up it's true.
      -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
      -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
      -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I think I would have a specialty with either mechanical items, like Kit, or Alien species, like Dairine.

Comment

Lately, I've been really interested in future-telling and related areas of magic, both in traditional methods like tarot, and other methods, so I'm wondering if that would be my specialty. My friend thinks I'm clairevoyant, but she's nuts.
          -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
          -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
          -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I have no idea what my specailty would be, unless i can have more than one

if i could have more than one, stealth spells, and combat orianted defense spells would be what i focused on.
            There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Thanks for this topic Wiccangixie! It's a great one : )

I think my specialty would be like Nita's was at first. Animals and plants, and maybe elemental as well. Has there been much mentioned concerning elemental magic? Roshaun and his family probably apply, for the suns.

I like so many different things, but I think animals are the most prominent for me.

My mom calls me the animal-whisperer, like the horse-whisperer, only expanded. Animals seem to like me better than other people, and things like that.

I would love to go to the moon, and look at the Earth and the stars... I'm not sure that's where I would like to focus though, it could be more of place to think...

I'd also love to work with the speech, maybe because of how much I love to read and write...

My post feels disjointed, and it's been a tiny bit like a stream of consciousness, but my main specialty would definately be the animals and plants... and elemental, maybe as a second specialty (like a college major and a minor)

dai : )
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

For my Ordeal, I had to cast a spell to heal a whale far from home. It was terrible. The whale had a huge wound.

Comment

I have changed my answer...

Now that I think about it... I would rather specialize in foreign species and language. My faveorite spell to use would probably be tied with teleportation and defense spells.
                  Now augmenting...I have forgotten what that is...I have got to reread the series. Well till next time!
                  (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

A Specialty hmm?

My specialty would revolve around, at least in the most generalized of terms, the advancement of everything. Being able to find the next big step in something's development and helping whatever it is reach it's next level of potential. Now, while this can mean many things, I would focus on mainly machinery and the speech itself. I have a fondness for creating and writing as much as I do reading, so I think that structuring new spells and technologies would be my shtick. I just love writing too much.

One spell that's been running around in my noodle for some time now is a Kinetic Coaxing and Manipulation spell. This allows the wizard in question to gather small to large amount of potential energy and then release the Kinetic energy towards a specific target. Now, the spell has specific parameters and procedures for the amount of energy collected and dispersed. The more energy one collects, the more complex and large the spell circle has to be. Mainly because you're holding in vaster and vaster amounts of energy and trying to avoid any dangerous recoil in the expulsion process. The weakest variations of this spell collects and releases as much kinetic energy as would be necessary to equivocate a kick or a punch from a fairly strong humanoid. The strongest of which would cause mass geographical change in the immediate area or further, depending on the power put into the spell.

In addition to spells, I would try to work with other technological experts in researching more efficient formats for the Manual, hopefully getting to the point where it as convenient as possible for the wizards who would receive it.

Comment

I guess I'd like to be spec'd in the willing of things to be. Sort of like what Ponch does with the Finding of Things and whatnot, 'cept in the mainstream universing of stuff. Mainly 'cause that's how I look at the world already, how I try to filter it as a mindset. And a spec'fied spell... Not a rewriter-type... Maybe a spell that records an accurate facsimile of an emotion into the words of a book, so it would be a book that any old person, not just those who Read Universes Solid on thier own as a gift, but everyone else, could just pick up and experience the emotions of the events transcribed within.

Baring that, I'd take arbitration. No clue what spec'fied spell for this, though.
                      On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
                      -Twilight Eve Golden
                      Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
                      Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

Probably research, or just anything to do with the bizarre. I love creating just about anything, so something to do with researching and putting together spells, or creating things, would be up my alley.

Comment

My specialty would probably be something with technology because it is nearly impossible to take all the electronics away from me. I wouldn't be too good at making spells I would probably screw it up really badly.
                          "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would have an earthy specialty. I would be able to sense geological history of whatever planet I was on, and speak to the growing things, trees and other plants. If you liken this to a college major and minor, that would be my major, and animals would be my minor.
                            "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Working...
                            X