Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spells in Wizardry

Hey everyone, Dai to you all cousins!
    Since this area is about Wizardry and it as a practice, I was curious to know about what people would want their specialty to be, and also what spells they would probably use the most, or even create (Like Nita in WAW). What would the spells be related to, and would you be able to augment its power? I love thinking about wizardry and spells as a whole, so don't be shy about putting a TON of detail.
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Since I love words, my specialty would have to do with language. Maybe some kind of speacilist in the speech. Or, maybe something to do with communication. It might also be research, because I love to learn stuff and am very curious.
    -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
    -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
    -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverclaw View Post
      Since I love words, my specialty would have to do with language. Maybe some kind of speacilist in the speech. Or, maybe something to do with communication. It might also be research, because I love to learn stuff and am very curious.
      Silverclaw you are absolutely wonderful and amazing. Language is a large part of our world, and you completely have my regard, for you are a cool person. I would have to say that I would want my specialty to be healing. If anything, connecting with someone from healing their wounds would be both amazing and an interesting learning experience.

Silverclaw you're an
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

What I would like to Do =]

To me, I think I would like to specializein everything. Even though I don't think I would be able to do that, I think I would like healing. To become one with something, and repair all of its rips and tears would just be very fulfilling. I would also like to learn how to fly. Idk if that's really possible, but I think it would be one of my dreams come true.

Comment

I think for me, I would specialize in knowing how to figure something out, and to repair, change or bring into being what was needed to see beyond what we do daily. I'd love to have the same abilities that the Cats do, being able to see the very strings of reality and the magic, and be able to work with them to create things, or repair worldgates or to watch as they knit together something torn asunder. To be able to create the spells to heal, track and change would be an awesome responsibility and one that I would not always like, but would find joy in.
          There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
          "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Wow you guys I love your specialties! Thank you for replying, and keep it up! Come up with as many as you can. Oh, and specializing in elemental work would be an amazing specialty too. I love fire! Ann Nicole and Stormwind you're angels!

Comment

Knowledge is power, so specializing in everything would be great! Thanks for making me think Wiccangixie. I seem to think that any knowledge that helps people works.
              There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
              "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Thank you! Healing would be a very cool talent. one of my friends wants to be a healer (or a doctor if she's talking to an adult) and she's actually pretty good. I don't know how she does it, but I swear she can make injuries hurt less. (Which is good, because I fall off of highh stuff about three times a week.) Unfortunately, I have three parents in the medical buisness, so I've spent far to much time in hospitals for anything to do with healing to have any appeal to me. (Trust me, there is nothing more boreing than fileing charts.) It's great that you wan't to heal people, though.
                -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I would have the 'power' of connecting with nature, like Nita does in SYWTBAW. Then I could connect with trees and everything. I am a naturlist, I think.

If I couldn't, I would lucid dream because even glimpsing the future would be AWESOME!!!!!
                  "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

You all are absolutely wonderful! Clairvoyance would be a lovely gift, but from time to time I would be resilient in wanting to change some of the things that would happen. Ultimately seeing the future would make me way more stubborn as a person, and seeing as I'm quite softspoken and shy in public, well I think that might be a good thing. Willowtree how do you feel when you connect with nature? That's something I understand. Nature is more aware of us than we think, that I can assure you.

Comment

My type of wizardry...Note 2 willow tree

If I were 2 specialize in a certain area of wizardry, I would specialize in nature, organic lifeforms and machine intelligences. I've always been good with computers and I love nature, which I'm also wonderful at comunicating and taking care of. The spells I would use most often, on errantry, I would probably use teleportation most; and 4 not on errantry spells, not concerning energy(even though I try my best 2 not waste energy, I have no point of knowing how much energy I'm using), I would probably use teleportation(I LOVE traveling SOO much, isn't it SOO kool 2 see a new place?) or contacting through the mind or finding misplaced thing cuz lately my mom gives me some thing, she tells me 2 do something, then I 4get were I just put the thing my mom JUST gave me when I needed 2 do the thing she told me 2 do!

Oh and 2 tell u willowtree: U said something about lucid dreaming, it's not as great as it sounds! It gets kind of boring after a while when u just really know ur sleeping! I kinda get 2 choose what I dream about! It sounds like a walk in the park, but like I said, it gets boring. If u still want 2 know how2 lucid dream without a spell(I'm not a wiz so sorry 2 disappint u that I don't know spell version) all u do is think of something b4 u go to sleep and if u keep doing this 4 a long time, after awhile u will know that ur sleeping! If u get really hood at it, u can switch from dream 2 dream, so if ur having a nightmare, u can switch dreams without having 2 wake-up evry1 in ur house, then start ventilating! Try it sometime! It can get fun 4 the open minded! Chow!
                      (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

Oh wow! Hey chocolate what's a good way to continue thinking of a good thought right before you go to sleep? My mind moves around between thoughts, and sometimes my dreams too. Sometimes though I can't remember any of my dreams. Did you know that people tend to have about 8 dreams a night? I've done lucid dreaming a few times in my sleep but I don't really know how I did it.

Comment

I have a friend who is pshychic in the sence that most people think of (seeing things at random times). I have dreams that predict the future, and if I think of or say something out of the blue, it usu. comes to mean something later.

My specialty is one where I know things that I need to know when the need arises. I think it is very much connected to what I call "The Universal Data Pool". Ie. the mental/environmental manual that the irish (correct me if that's wrong) used. That's where I get my info from. Basicly the situation is that my friends who I've intoduced to magic, will just come up to me and ask me something I have no clue about, I'll answer, then want to be able to repeat it.

I'd love to be able to control who finds out what truths when. This eliminates the need for any other power or personal struggle.

As far as spells go, I recently made a much better healing spell then the one I'd been using for the past three years.
                          The problem was that you cannot heal an injury in one shot (aka. several days of healing). You can only stop bleeding, or mend it instantly. So, I somehow thought to divide the process. Meaning, do everthing that is required to heal it, one step at a time.

For each spell, use words if you have to, but you MUST picture the healing taking place (bleeding stopping as the tissue refuses and the skin on top seals up smoothly) as you release your energy while holding your hand over the (small) wound.
                          The Instant Scab

1. Stop the bleeding.
                          2. seal it.
                          3. cauterize it.

Optional (if you are seasoned and have enough energy available): 4. remove the traces.

I just did this out of the blue when I got a small puncture/cut, and I opened my eyes/ uncoverd my hand and discovered that I had a nice clean scab on the then sealed, and now completely untracable, cut.

For words, if I use them, for any healing spell, I borrow form another book series and author.

A basic healing spell words would be to the effect of: Heal this ____, now for me, as my will so mote it be. Followed by the release of the energy.

or Stop this pain
                          Stop this bleeding
                          Ease her pain
                          etc.
                          The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

Thank you Nelina You know so much, do you have any other spells to recommend to me. Healing is my favorite though.

Comment

O well here is how I stay on one thing: first I think of someone I like (like a crush) then try 2 4get a out him. Then I start thinking of anything else that would disturb my lucid dreaming(what happened 2day)! Then I let it flow away! I relax, take deep breaths and think of the one thing!

P.S. I guess sometimes when I don't want 2 think of the person I like, I think about how good my life is right now and what I can do 2 make it better!
                              (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X