Nita's Charm Bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita's Charm Bracelet

I'm just wondering - does anyone know what the charms are on Nita's bracelet?

W@W lists three - the lightning bolt, a circle with the number 26 in it, and a little fish.

But it also says there are more - and it seems to me they might be described in earlier books. Buuuut, I don't have the time to search all of them right now.

Why do I want to know? I'm thinking of making one. I've had some success making charm bracelets with shrinky dinks - and I thought it would be cool to make Nita's! Thanks so much for your help!

Aww, that's a cute idea.

Welcome to YW.net, by the way! Waiit, you're like old, but you never posted? I'm confused.

Anyways, I think the other charms aren't listed directly because maybe DD isn't sure what they are. And I don't think the books before book 4 really talk about her commonly used spells. But, who knows, I'm not an expert.
    Love and be loved

Comment

Originally posted by tori:
      Aww, that's a cute idea.

Welcome to YW.net, by the way! Waiit, you're like old, but you never posted? I'm confused.
      >_> Pretty much. I joined...andneverposted. I lurk sometimes, though.

I'm trying to skim through a few of the other books at the moment, I'm glad you mentioned that you think it started in book 4, it gives me someplace to start skimming through.

Just FYI, for anyone wondering (since Shrinky Dinks are a little old, I'm told) http://i11.tinypic.com/473ivq9.jpg and http://i11.tinypic.com/2q822it.jpg are a couple I did as Christmas presents - that's what I'd be going for.

Comment

iknow that one of the spells on there is the beam-me-up scooty spell. oh wait. that's not what your asking though is it? sorry.
        -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
        Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
        http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Ooooh, thanks tori, for the starting point. I started skimming from Wizard Abroad forward, and found it. Nita makes the charm bracelet in Dilemma to start training to try to help her mom.

The charms I found are: "a small gold house key, a little silvery disc with the letters GCT intertwined on one side and the number 25 on the other, a tiny stylized lightning bolt, a pebble, a little megaphone."

Time to get working, I guess!

Comment

I always liked the idea of Nita's charm bracelet. Much quicker way to do wizardry. I tried to make one once, i'll probably try again now.

"How am I supposed to save the universe with all this noise?!"
            - Kit, Wizards At War

Comment

That is a cute idea. I prefer making earings, however. Charm bracelets make to much noise, if you ask me.
              I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

*trys to imagine wizardly earings* you'd need a REALLY big strand of things attaching to other things to get any useful spells...and it would be kinda funny looking. *figures you probably meant just regularr earings, but canm't help tasing about it either way.*
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

i think it's a good idea to make a charm bracelet. i wish i was creative enough to make something like that or to think of something like that. the only thing i can make is cerial.

Comment

You are creative enough, G@b! Just search around until you find your expertise. it's really easy to make jewelry. You need: beads, pliers, beading string, one or two other things, and a book or two from the library.

*Imagines wizardly earings* You know, I take that as a challenge! I can put charms that match Nita's from her charm bracelet, invent some of my own...

any ideas for my newest project?
                    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

I would've never have thought to make Nita's charm bracelet. I think that is a good idea. That is a cute idea. You just gave me one too.

I'm in the middle of rereading Deep Wizardry right now!
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

i love the charm bracelet thing! i've always loved bracelets.

I was reading WD and that's when Nita's charm bracelet starts. Here are the charms listed:
                        *a small gold house key
                        *a little slivery disc with the letters GCT intertwined on one side and the number 25 on the other (btw, anyone know what that means?)
                        *a tiny stylized lightning bolt
                        *a pebble
                        *a little megaphone
                        *plus the fish carl gave her when he sanctioned the bracelet

maybe i'll try and find some of those charms!
                        Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
                        Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
                        iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

*a little slivery disc with the letters GCT intertwined on one side and the number 25 on the other (btw, anyone know what that means?)
                          Off the top of my head, Grand Central Terminal, Platform 25?

Making Nita's charm bracelet is such a cute idea that I'm sort of tempted, even though I wear bracelets approximately NEVER.
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

that makes sense. i was thinking greatest common factor 25 for a second haha.

I know, its so cute.

Oh and later she adds a small ring that is her invisibilty spell.
                            Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
                            Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
                            iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

the only problem with that neclace is how HORRIDLY long it took nita to make it....*shakes head at the thought of having to go through that* still, it was a VERRY cool idea, as has already been said...*can't think of anything else to say so runs off*
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                              X