Wizardly Leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizardly Leakage

Carmella said that Kit said that there was "wizardly leakage" in the house. What the heck does that mean?

*~*FireWitch*~*
    A physics geek
    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Carmella said that Kit said that there was "wizardly leakage" in the house. What the heck does that mean?

*~*FireWitch*~*
    A physics geek
    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

That the non-wizards can understand the wizardly arguments between the TV and the DVD and order laser egg-beaters, apparently...
      Actually, what I want to know a lot more is why this wizardry leakage is happening to begin with. And what else will happen because of it?!...

Comment

I wonder if it has to do with Ponch.......

Hillary Wan Kenobi
        The first-ever Jedi Ewok

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books
        A physics geek
        And proud of it...

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking of that as a possibility too. Good point.
          I hope DD makes another book out of that!

Comment

If I'm remembering right, all the odd phenomena were initially attributed to "wizardly leakage" -- from Ponch's "getting weird" (which all wizards' pets eventually do, it seems) to the TV and DVD not only arguing out loud but spontaneously hooking up to the intergalactic internet. It seems, however, that Ponch's oddity goes beyond the usual level, and there have been some comments to the effect that the overall odd behavior is just... more than the usual effects of such things.

So I'm curious too -- and I get the idea so is Kit....

Comment

*nods* I personally am of the opinion that this so-called wizardry leakage is really just the symptom of something slightly bigger, and most probably connected to Ponch.
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
              Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
              Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
              My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
              Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

yeah, what i wonder is what kit's sister is gonna end up doing...now that she's learning speach and all. do any of you think she may become a wizard?
                Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

This has been discussed... it's in here somewhere, or maybe under miscellaneous issues. If you go take a look there's quite an interesting discussion... Join in, please!
                  T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                  Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!

Comment

Comment

I don't think they will plug it- I don't think they'll be able to. I'm not sure about Carmela: I believe she'll retain her facility in the Speech. I don't think you can lose it twice. But I don't know about the wizardry: it seems a lot like rehashing the Dairine thing, although 'Mela is obviously a bit different from Dairine...
                      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

It occurs to me that Kit's household may be becoming normal for wizardly households in worlds where secrecy is not a problem. It's been mentioned several times that in other areas wizards don't have to hide what they are or what they do. Perhaps, in those areas, such things as leakage, and nonwizards picking up wizardly traits, are common. What we're seeing at Kit's may not be unique (except, presumably for Ponch)--it may just be what happens when a wizard doesn't have to hide from his/her/its family.

True, the same thing isn't quite happening at Nita's (at least yet) but the structure and interactions there are different, and different things have been happening.

Comment

Comment

I figure it's reasonably common, but the scale it's happening to at Kit's place is unusual, and possibly affected/augmented by "whatever's happening to Ponch." (I don't know about you, but I'm just about going nuts from wondering about that... )
                            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I think it definitely has to do with Ponch...remember what Darryl says to him: "I recognize you...what you're becoming"

Or something like that...seems to indicate that Ponch isn't just "getting weird", but he's transforming into something...but what?

Comment

Working...
                              X