The accessibility of Nita's manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The accessibility of Nita's manual

When Nita relates to Carl her suspicions tt Darryl is an abdal,he tells her to come over to his house and 'bring her manual'. Excuse me? I thought the manual follows her everywhere,like how Nita can summon the book by making it levitate to her,or just simply pluck it out of a claudication. So how could telling her to bring the manual make any sense?
    you'll never be an artichoke;even vegetables have a heart

When Nita relates to Carl her suspicions tt Darryl is an abdal,he tells her to come over to his house and 'bring her manual'. Excuse me? I thought the manual follows her everywhere,like how Nita can summon the book by making it levitate to her,or just simply pluck it out of a claudication. So how could telling her to bring the manual make any sense?

Comment

Well, she can summon it from across the room if she does a spell to do so, and she can pluck it out of her claudication if she earlier put it into the claudication. I think it's not that it follows her but that she carries it around, in regular space (e.g. her book bag) or in the claudication. I think summoning it through the air all the way from home the way she called it across the room would probably be a waste of energy and unnecessarily likely to be noticed... not to mention the possibility of damaging the manual or something else as it tried to get out of the house.

Comment

hey Cheshire did you get a newbie pack yet?? welcome!!<< one liner alert wheeoo wheeoo. ok now its not a one liner anymore.

The world is now ending. please log off.

~*KsSk8er*~
        Hogwarts Dropout
        "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
        Dai Stiho
        ~*KsSk8er*~
        "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
        Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

newbie pack? wat's tt?

Comment

cheshire: it's a pack that just offers you a little info on the site and a few helpful warnings. But i wo't give you one yet: I'm going to wait until I'm sure people are going to stick around because a lot of times I've given a pack to someone who's never seen again... also, I'm working on a way of just making a n00b post topic. So... not yet.

oh yeah, guys PLEASE stop talking about the packs in on topic forums... I'm not giving them out here anyway. Chances are, if someone only has four posts, they haven't got one yet and won't for a bit, k?

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
            --Agent M
            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Wizards generally do not use magic to do things they could do more easily in a mundane way -- which is why they're sometimes stuck with unpleasant tasks like washing the dishes. Magic exists for the purpose of slowing down the death of the universe, but wizards spend a lot of time doing prosaic and normal things too -- turning off unneeded lights, paying bills on time, etc.

If Nita suddenly needed her Manual, and didn't happen to have brought it with her, it would be worth the expended energy to summon it magically. But if she could bring it along and was able to do so, it'd take a lot less energy. Ergo, being a responsible wizard, she'd just take it with her.

To be wise, learn foolishness. To be strong, learn weakness. To know joy, learn sorrow.
              Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
              Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Comment

I think Carl's request for Nita to bring her manual was like telling someone towrap up warmly when it is snowing outside: it would happen anyway, but it is best to be sure. Carl knew he needed to look at nita's manual, so he made certain that she would bring it along.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
                X