Timeheart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeheart

I understand what Timeheart is, but I conviced my grandfather to read SYWTBAW because he thinks I am too old to read fantasy and should read hukleberry finn (slight exsatration), so that he could see that they are good books, and I got him to understand most of the book, execpt for what timeheart is, I cant seem to explain it good to him, so how would you explain it?
    ~~~
    No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Well... you could say that Timeheart is where everything good about the deceased is preserved forever

Is that good?

Comment

hmmm..... timeheart is described in some versions of the oath as "where all our sundered times are whole and all our myriad worlds are one, in that from which they proceeded...", but I guess thats a bit melodramatic to explain to your grandpa. It's kind of a place where, quoting Carl, "what is loved, lives." It's a toughie.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

On the contrary, I feel that Timeheart is very simply described.

It's the Heaven without the judgements and big man that decides where you go and all that.

It's where anything that was ever loved will be, together, and without the blemish introduced by the Lone One.

It's the moments of heart-touching moments all put together, so that each one isn't so extraordinary, but rather is the usual.

It's a place where wizards aren't needed because there isn't entropy...the impossible goal that they work for.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

very eloquent. i agree. still, it's also the place where everything is wrapped up in eachother, and you never quite know what it means till you get there.

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

It's heaven, basically. How everything should have been before the Lone Power decided to...do things differently. That's how I think of it, anyway.
            I think it's also supposed to be where all the worlds came from, like in the many worlds theory how there're many universes created where the outcomes of a certain event were different (if that makes any sense XD), based on the line in the Oath that neets_wiz quoted. Sooo...if the universe(s) were expanding, then Timeheart would be where the universes were expanding from?
            -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Actually, didn't one of the books indicate that Timeheart was more of a waiting room for something even better? I mean...preserving what I love, for me, isn't the ultimate in paradise. You have to be able to grow and keep progressing, I think. Along with people around you. And bring new people in your life and help them, creating a spreading circle of love. Personally, I think there's a kind of waiting room where our spirits stay until they are returned to our bodies, in a purified, incorruptible, immortal, and perfect state. Then, the real fun begins.

On another note, why are people so afraid there might be a Supreme Being--the One in YW terms--to whom we will answer for our choices? You don't have to condemn others to realize that the natural consequences of our choices have to return to us in order for justice to be served, so that people won't be able to hurt others with impunity. Obviously, that implies the need for redemption. But I believe in the possibility of redemption. But you can't have a lasting society without finding a balance between mercy and justice anyway, can you?

Anyway...just a speculation.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

you're right, time heart isn't the best there can be. but remember.... in the very first book someone was talking about how if the lone power decided to turn death into a blessing it wouldn't be a curse, just a change, a passage..... and that's what wizards are working for.

Comment

Lamarquise -

I assume that people who are "so afraid there might be a Supreme being to whom we will answer for our choices" are afraid because they think they will be punished for their choices. What other reason is there? The myths told about the "supreme beings" in many religions say that they are not particularly forgiving, even if they are said to be.

Blue

Comment

Timeheart, to my perception, is where people and objects of nature are forever preserved as they were beautifully remembered once others saw them. The person or object is seen as what many perspectives come together to create, the object as its original and beautiful self. Virtue is preserved in Timeheart, so what exist in Timeheart remains and is preserved as it was virtuously created.
                    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

hmm....

Timne heart is were all living things go to rest, in my view. It's somewhere where no death can be and everything is happy. That's how I view it at least.
                      "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                      "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                      "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                      "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by Glede View Post
                        Timne heart is were all living things go to rest, in my view. It's somewhere where no death can be and everything is happy. That's how I view it at least.
                        I think a world, or planet where everything is happy is something to be desired, but also something to admire. I can't help but feel like, as a people, we've forgotten something. Timeheart is all about preserving what something is as its original self right? I just wish I knew what created Timeheart.
                        Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Yeah. I would like to know too.
                          "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                          "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                          "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                          "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by Glede View Post
                            Yeah. I would like to know too.
                            You know, a part of me thinks that Timeheart could've spurred from the desire of beings wanting to create a world where everything is remembered, but also from the desire to have a place where violence and hatred no longer exist.

Comment

Working...
                            X