Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese error???

[ _ deleted _ ]
    Last edited by sillyblob; September 4, 2009, 07:18:05 AM.

So speaks my ESOL-teaching friend in Rumoi: 'wa' and 'desu' are sometimes omitted in casual Japanese speech dependent upon context.

Either way, she didn't need it to be perfect, as the kids probably wouldn't have understood it anyway. *G* Also, you might want to make sure you get your English right before nitpicking others' use of language, no offence intended.
    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Um I think I can help out, I just need the sentance Carmela spoke in the book. (packed mine so I can reference it) My DAD is Japanese, and he was born there and blah blah blah so he'll probably know a lot more about the language and stuff.

So, if you get me the sentances I can ask him about it.

Wakatimasuka?
      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Sillyblob:
        please..
        my online English may not be the most fabulous found on the 'net (actually compared to much of what is found, it is quite good)- that does not mean my level of English is low. I could give you a dozen arguments on this point, but I won't.
        I don't mind if the language I produce in the informal environment of an online discussion forum is not of the highest standard. However, I do mind the same fact if it appears in a mass market/sanctioned/official publication. You will agree with me that one occasion demands a higher level of excellence than the other.
        A fault on the part of the complaining party does mitigate the fault on the side of the 'offending' party.
        Finally, my post lacks- capitalisation of 'I' and the use of the apostrophe in some cases. Additionally I use ...creative sentence structures. Whilst these all constitute errors, I posit that in the context they are used, they are minor.
        Don't jump on me, but one thing that you may have noticed about these forums is that we try to use good writing skills whenever we can; especially where "chatspeak"/capitalisation/punctuation are concerned. Just trying to clarify what I'm sure Trialia was trying to tell you (rather than it being a personal dig at your writing style).

Carmela says quite a bit in Japanese. Its summarised in the following:

A Wizard Alone, pp227

"Watashi wa ureshii!"
        "Watashi, imakara sugo-ku o-kina robotto ni naruno"
        Are those the lines you meant?

Alla

Comment

Alla: Carmela says quite a bit in Japanese. Its summarised in the following:

quote:
          A Wizard Alone, pp227

"Watashi wa ureshii!"
          "Watashi, imakara sugo-ku o-kina robotto ni naruno"

Are those the lines you meant?
          If that's what you mean then, my dad said it's definitely correct.

Translation:

"I am happy"

"I am going to be a robot!"

Hope that helps clear some confusion...
          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Carmela must be insane or something...seriously, "I am going to be a robot?" But, whatever...

Thanks for the translation, Emi!

I need to write those phrases down somewhere...
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
            X