Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think this is an error... (Ed and the Lone Power)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is an error... (Ed and the Lone Power)

What's supposed to be just a plain old summer vacation-swim,sand, and sun- takes a turn for the magical when Nita and Kit come to the aid of a fellow wizard. Only, this wizard is a whale, and she needs the two teens to join a group of whales and dolphins in an ancient underwater ritual. But performing the Song of the Twelve is not easy- AND THERE ARE THINGS IN THE OCEAN MORE DANGEROUS THAN EVEN THE LONE POWER, such as the enourmous Master Shark. He is as old as the sea and has his own role in the Sogn of the Twelve, a role that requires only that he do what he's best at...eat someone.
    Since when is a shark more dangerous than the Lone Power? I mean, at the end the lone power bites hima nd kills him in one blow so... I think this is a mistake.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed...
    You can tell THEM you're Homeward Bounder.
    GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
    "Wisemen talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

What's supposed to be just a plain old summer vacation-swim,sand, and sun- takes a turn for the magical when Nita and Kit come to the aid of a fellow wizard. Only, this wizard is a whale, and she needs the two teens to join a group of whales and dolphins in an ancient underwater ritual. But performing the Song of the Twelve is not easy- AND THERE ARE THINGS IN THE OCEAN MORE DANGEROUS THAN EVEN THE LONE POWER, such as the enourmous Master Shark. He is as old as the sea and has his own role in the Sogn of the Twelve, a role that requires only that he do what he's best at...eat someone.
    Since when is a shark more dangerous than the Lone Power? I mean, at the end the lone power bites hima nd kills him in one blow so... I think this is a mistake.

GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
    "Wisemen talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"
    Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

It's just a blurb. Blurbs are always wrong.
      I think it's just a little bit of license... and remember all those sharks?
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I've always wondered about that...

~Hifun55~
        "So," Harry said, "so does that mean that... that one of us has to kill the other one... in the end?" -HP year 5
        ~Sam (Hifun55)~
        Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
        HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
        My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

hey dp. I'm not really sure why the shark is stronger, but I think the impression is supposed to be that the Lone One can actually be defeated but apparently the shark cant.

Comment

because he lives forever

Comment

Yeah but the Lone POwer lives forever too. And he killed the master shark.

GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

I take it this is from a blurb? I think people often get a bit careless or rushed with those... or just, well, odd. I'm still perhaps overly amused by the one for A Wizard Alone that refers to "a relentless brutality that seems excessive, even for the Source of All Evil." Can you HAVE that? *g*

(Hm. First it's less dangerous than a shark, then it's being too relentlessly brutal for itself. The Lone Power is clearly the object of a strange and subtle prank campaign by the publicity people. ...Okay, probably not.)

Comment

Yeah, the one who does the back of the book should read the book first!

GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
                  Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Well, this could be interpreted as the Master Shark being a more immediate threat than the Lone Power. The Lone One is a more distant threat for most of the book, whereas Nita and Kit spend an awful lot of time swimming right next to a huge great white. Don't forget, also, that a blurb is designed to grab the potential buyer's attention - a person who hasn't read the first book would not really know how dangerous the Lone Power is, but would have a good idea about the dangers of Jaws, err, I mean, Ed. Nothing like blatant sensationalism to reel in the reader (pardon the fishy pun).

Just my two cents,

Squash

Comment

Working...
                    X