Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nita's Manual: returned to library? Or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...it probably read as our copies of "So You Want To Be A Wizard." *g*

I wonder if DD knows the Powers that Be are using her to hide Wizard's manuals...

Hannah/LittleOwl xx

'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'
    'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

Comment

Comment

Well. this actually bring up somethigni was daydreaming about earlier... and... usually I hate those "wouldn't it be cool ifs" because it really seems like it's none of our business what DD does.. but, speculating on a theoretical feature of the manuals, wouldn't it be cool if (and this is really cool!) the manuals had the texts of every book ever? including the alien ones? Now, the think that started this was a TEEENNSYY ALONE SPOILER

When, ah, I think it's carl but- actually, mo, I'm pretty sure it's Tom- says to Nita "... imagine if you had access to a book that contained most of the salient information about the universe. Wouldn't you spend a lot of tiem between the cover?" Then, combined with that stuff about dairine and reading the "manual," I thought... hey, salient information about the universe. Surely that includes poetry? And books? And what would i like most in teh world... uhm, a copy of every book ever would be favourite (this is material things, by the way) along with a year's supply of chocolate... yummm... *gets back to the point already* So. I'm not saying it's something that will ever show up in teh books. But wouldn't that just be the niftiest little feature??
        ka Kite
        Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

That sounds like a great idea! Imagine having access to every work of literary art known to man (and alien). Aaahhh... *snaps out of dream world*. Anyways, some of the greatest power comes from words. Why shouldn't they be able to have access to literature from around the universe? Nice thought.

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love to breath." -Harper Lee

Comment

It was a library book, but i always thought that maybe the librarian 'forgot' that Nita took out the book and never gave it back. You know how Nita never noticed it before untill that day? Well maybe the librarian never noticed it was missing? Am i making sense? I have no idea.

" It was one of those So you want to be a...books... a series on careers...
            BUT This One Said
            'So You Want To Be A Wizard...'"
            - Serena

Comment

hey wow, you too, i just went to check, but i'm not even as old as dari was when she got it though, so...

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i gotta go check.... nope, i'm only twelve so i still have time though

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hmm this is all very interesting... I agree with the theories that say once the manual found Nita its records were erased and it moved on... something else that bugs me though is wouldn't Nita's mom and dad have noticed if she had one library book for months and never returned it? And right after that all the weird stuff started happening... If I was the mom I'd take the book into a science lab and like dissect it or something I mean, come on... nobody's that blind...

Remember how in High Wizardry it mentions all the stuff Nita did for her parents before she was caught? Like the crabgrass incident? How come the little sister is the only one who starts catching on? In the later books, after the wizardry's out in the open, Duane portrays Nita's mom as kind of shrewd about her daughter (i.e. In _A Wizard Abroad_ Mrs. Callahan says not to use the beam-me-up-Scotty spell which is exactly what Nita was planning to do ) So... is it just because now she knows what to look for, or what?

Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...
                  Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...

Comment

Working...
                  X