Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nita's Manual: returned to library? Or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita's Manual: returned to library? Or what?

I thought that Nita's manual was a library book. Did she ever "bring it back on Monday" or what? What did the librarian do? Anything? I hope not, don't want to have a crazed librarian running around after you, should only add to your problems....

EWizard11
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

I thought it was a library book, too. Everytime I read a new book in the series I always think, "Wasn't her manual a library book?" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Maybe she bought it from the library........

Comment

mabye the librarian is a wizard herself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Dai Stiho,
      Dan
      Dai Stiho,
      Dan

Comment

Maybe it's not a library book any more.

It's contents change as needed, sections appear and disappear.

Maybe it was only a library book until the right person found it, and then it left the library behind, the record of it's presence gone.

Intention is too important to wizardry for Nita to have stolen it from the library.

and besides, she isn't like that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There is no other wisdom, and no other hope for us, but that we grow wise
        - Surak of Vulcan

Comment

Comment

It is a Libarary book and the probably aren't getting it back that is if the Libabrian even remembers

*Nita*

Comment

If you'll reread, you'll discover that Nita didn't have her library card with her at the time, but Mrs. lesser said that she trusted her and let Nita take the book anyway. Now, I'm not 100% on this part, but I think I remember reading that Nita asked Mrs. lesser in a round about way about taking the manual and Mrs. Lesser didn't remember. So, yes, once upon a time it wa a library book, but there's no record Nita has it.

~*~
              "It is easier to carry a cross around your neck than across your back."
              ~*~
              A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the pitcure with my mind.

Comment

I don't remember Nita asking Mrs. L, or Mrs. L's ever reappearing in the books, but probably the fact that she took it without checking it out was supposed to convey that it was only a library book as long as it needed to be, and once she had it, it had never really been in the library.

Comment

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Nita says she read every book in the childrens library and had never seen that one but Dairine says that it was just a kids book when she read it?

(I may be wrong on that I haven't read SYWTBAW since my dog thought it would make a good place to pee)
                    *Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*

Comment

Polly: I think Dairine is referring to picking up Nita's copy, while Nita is in possession of it, and reading it, and it turned itself into a kid's book to hide from her, but I could be wrong.

AML,
                      A Moonlighting X-Phile
                      <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
                      <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
                      <'Men will fight bravely
                      and be heroes, but for a
                      last ditch defense against
                      and odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
                      And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
                      This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
                      This spectre on my back shall soon be free
                      The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
                      --The Pogues--

Comment

Hmm... I'm not sure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] . I know in Deep Nita says something like "...and she recognized it right away and it had to grab my attention" about Dairine and how she could be a powerful wizard one day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
                        Je ne sais pas

Comment

Well, yes, the book IS a library book... When Dairine first looks at it, I don't think she reads anything more than the title. I don't think the title changes. After all, our books are called "So you want to be a wizard" but they aren't the manual (though I always check mine to see if it changed...)

But when Dairine READS the book, it is a children's book. I think the book is hiding itself then because it knows that Dairine isn't ready for wizardry just yet.

But then, thats just a theory.

Je pense...

Aurora the Phoenix

Comment

That makes sence [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just a thought...

If Dairine read it as a regular children's book, what do you think it was about? Hmmm...

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                              X