Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmela's age

*SORRY- found this thread in the spoilers area,not sure how to delete.*

We know that Kit is a year younger than Nita, and Carmela is Kit's older sister by a year or two, so that would make Carmela Nita's age or older, correct? Lines up with Carmela looking at colleges, etc.

Nita and Ronan had a brief flirtation in AWA, so age wise that's no problem.

So why in the world would Ronan tell Carmela that he's too old for her? (AWOM, p 167 in my hardcover.)

I get that they're teasing, just seems strange.
    Last edited by musikal; January 3, 2012, 10:25:52 AM.

Maybe he's going by the Champion in his head? When he kissed Nita, he didn't know about the Champion being there, and now that he knows, he seems to have developed a pretty tight relationship. So.
    Also, perhaps he thinks that Carmela is a little less mature than Nita? Or he assumed what her age was, and guessed wrong? Lot of things going on there, but I agree it's not clear.

Comment

A very interesting question that also made me wonder when i read it...

But my theory is Carmela's age is probably in the high school years (teen years? like from 14 -18 max)

But I really like the theory written before me ^ about how Ronan may be referring to.... Champion? (I think it was) Eiether that or he pretty muchs thinks that Carmela isn't as experienced or knowledge-able as himself ...
      A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

I FIGURED IT OUT!

After much book searching, I found her exact age! In 'The Wizards Dilemma' it states that Carmela is 15. So that means Nita is still 13, Kit is 12, and Carmela is 15. So three years difference between the two siblings. So in W@W she's 16 and Ronan is 18! I WIN! YOU WIN! WE ALL WIN!
        Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

Unfortunately, DD has said that Ronan is 16-17 in the wiki and Ronan is explicitly stated as being two years older than Nita in Wizards at War. He is, at most, seventeen in A Wizard of Mars.

My theory is that Ronan got flustered and said the first thing that came into his head, as a pretty girl was coming onto him mighty fierce, and then just didn't realise that Carmela and he are actually around the same age. And Carmela, being the girl she is, was just "oh you" and likes making him squirm.

Comment

Oh yeah! I always forget about that. . . For some reason I always think of him as so much older. So I partially win.

But I think Ronan is comparing their mental ages as well. I think to him Carmela's bounciness makes him think her to be a little bit young. He does kind of see himself as the elder amongst them.
            Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsu101 View Post
              I FIGURED IT OUT!

So in W@W she's 16 and Ronan is 18! I WIN! YOU WIN! WE ALL WIN!
              (Taking it a bit farther to Kit and Neets) From this, we can also infer Nita is 14 & Kit is 13 right? currently anyways...
              according to Mitsu101 research ... Unless things change in "The Games Wizards Play." (Book 10)
              Last edited by NitaEmmaYW; January 29, 2012, 07:04:20 PM.
              A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

Working...
              X