No announcement yet.

Tinkerbell: "he" or "she?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that idea I like. Especially since the Powers can't have genders. I may be confusing fiction here, but one of the books I read had a Power that wore out bodies so quickly, so it just kept having to change gender over the generations.
    http://superdrea.net/

Comment

You guys are STUCK on that 'powers in disguise' thing.

Though it's hard not to be. We could easily compile a list of them, and I think it's not particularly a short list, considering the PID (Powers in Disguise) make up a significant group of all characters introduced in the books.

Comment

drea: I think that's from AWA. I think. Not sure. The Powers in Disguise idea is rather interesting, but I like frosty's idea
        What if, the family got a new dog and named it after the other one. It could have given itself the same name as the first Tinkerbell in cynne (is that how you spell it?) by accident or on purpose.
        I think that might be it.
        In Life's name and for Life's sake...

Comment

I won't give up the idea of any of the possible people that they've met could be one of the Powers that Be. Ever since AWA, I've become incurably suspicious. Between Biddy and Ronan in that book, and the Pillar showing up in AW Alone, It is ridiculously normal for anyone who has read the books to be suspicious.

Anyway, I do however agree with the idea of it just being an honest mistake on DD part. Confusing the gender of a dog that isn't a particularly key part in the book just doesn't seem like a large deal.
          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Rysade:
            _"...And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer"_

"Benefits of a classical education."
            "And Laveolus weapt, for their were no more worlds for him to conquer" - result of a fantstic edication :-).

More to the point... maybe female Tinkerbell died, and was replaced with a male, to whom the family gave the same name.
            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Anyone every read Esio Trot?
              The main character wins his true love by replacing, every few days, her tortoise with a larger one. she doesn't notice, and they live happily every after.
              Also, I have heard stories about children whose golfsish die, and their parents get them new ones with out the children noticing.
              Perhaps that is what happened, and they got the wrong gender?

All of which begs the question:
              What happend to the origanal Tinkerbell?

OR...

Odd family. Poor dog. Horrible name, Small stature, and his/her maker/author/creator forgets his/her gender.
              Sadly, that sounds more plausible...
              “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
              -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
              X