Tinkerbell: "he" or "she?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinkerbell: "he" or "she?"

In A Wizard Alone, Tinkerbell is a he "I'm so used to hearing HIM bark all the time" page 107. But on page 44 of The Wizards Dilemma, Tinkerbell is referred to as she. " family had decided to call HER Tinkerbell" This really confused me and I wanted to know if anyone else noticed this. I didn't have time to read all the other posts, so sorry if someone already posted this. <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">purple lol</span>
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)I guess I'm helping bunny
    (")_(")

Maybe the "family" thinks Tinkerbell is a girl? That'd explain the name.... I think I remember that Tinkerbell hates that name too....
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Maybe Tinkerbell, err... separated a pair of snakes. Sorry. The dangers of a classical education.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

"...And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer"

*wry grin*

"Benefits of a classical education."
        Hmm. 2 points.

I'm intrigued. I never spotted that problem. I should go back and just make sure it really is a problem or something.

Comment

You don't belive me?
          i looked it up and gave the pages and everything!
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

You guys, some people really have an over-cuteness disorder. (I made that up.) They may just say,
            "oh look at the cute little chihahua, let's name it Tinkerbell. (makes wierd baby noises."
            I would be an angry dog if I was named tinkerbell.
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Oh, I'm sure you're right, frosty, it's just that I never spotted it and I want to see for myself. Perhaps there's an explanation in there somewhere?

Comment

I couldn't find an explantion in the book, but I thought of one: What if, the family got a new dog and named it after the other one. It could have given itself the same name as the first Tinkerbell in cynne (is that how you spell it?) by accident or on purpose.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Nope. Why justify it? I think that's a valid Nitpick. That's what the forum's for, right? *pickypicks*

Ooh! It's the first of May tomorrow! Excerpt!!
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

That's very unsual. Oh! You're right! We can ask Diane Duane about this tomorrow. Does anyone else have any questions? So far I only want to ask her about publishing a book and this. Last chat was kinda pathetic. No one had anything to talk about, so we talked about (hehe) triangles with innapropriate names. And of course I messed it up and called it the side side angle. Ooops. Heh. Also, I came in about a few hours early.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

eh, yeah... I actually have to go poking around looking for a question I used to have. Don't think I'm going to find it, though...
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

lol!
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

The family probably thinks Tinkerbell is a she. But they can just go to the vet and check the gender so I'm pretty sure that they know Tinkerbell's gender. Just a mistake, I guess.
                          In Life's name and for Life's sake...

Comment

Or maybe they just want to torture the poor dog with a stupid name. Or maybe they wished tinkerbell was a girl, or maybe they just don't see how weird it is to name a vicious male dog "Tinkerbell" *shrug*
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

Or maybe Tinkerbell is one of the ambiguously-gendered Powers in disguise.
                              Ah, Tinkerbell, winged defender...

Comment

Working...
                              X