parallel- Arhu and Darryl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parallel- Arhu and Darryl

Has anyone else noticed a kindred spirit in Arhu and Darryl? They're both kind of rebellious, and, at first (in Darryl's case the end of the book), have a little contempt for non-wizards.

Has anyone else noticed a kindred spirit in Arhu and Darryl? They're both kind of rebellious, and, at first (in Darryl's case the end of the book), have a little contempt for non-wizards.

Comment

yeah, but in TWD, darine shows contempt for us "normals", so i could just have something to do with starting out big, like both arhu and dari did

If one is a TRUE book lover, one cannot have a favorite book...it would be an insult to all the many books that one has read and loved.
      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

The parallel can go further though - both Arhu and Darryl are channels for the One's power...

Comment

mabye its just somthing with new wizards or wizards on ordeal who have alot of power and they think their better than everoyne else

Dai Stiho,
          Dan
          Dai Stiho,
          Dan

Comment

Jeez, I don't get a "Think they're better than everybody else" feeling from darryl at all- I mean, he's a saint! Saints just don't think like that! jj... No, but in terms of that, Dairine is definitely closer to Arhu. In BoNWM, Nita says
            "You remind me of my sister... [she] just passed her Ordeal."
            Still, there are some parallels- the channel for the One's Power thing, how they are quite important, they get extra attention in "certain quarters-" though Arhu as a Seer personifies the Claw That Breaks, where I get the impression that Darryl should hang around for a while, if only because everyone is going to take a LOT of acre of him. Abdals are important!!
            ka kite
            Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
            *sob* back to school....*sob*
            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

yeah. i think Arhu *does* have more in common with Dairine--well in the BoNwM neway. Not so much in the 2nd one.

le
              and
              the white cat

Comment

I read it recently, but I don't seem to be remembering what some of y'all are referring to.... Where are those of you who do get that vibe getting contempt from Darryl? Might've gone over my head....

Comment

Working...
                X