No announcement yet.

Certain people more than they seem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...I have a feeling you don't just forget about a Pillar, especially if you're at war.
    (Gaah! Has anyone else had the annoying tendancy to try to type Tarl instead of Tom and Carl? Or Nit, or Konch instead of Nita and Kit or Kit and Ponch, respectively...?)
    No, but I have a habit of running words together when I write. >< It drives my teachers nuts. (Random example: Thelephant. The + elephant. )
    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Tarl? Sounds like a pairing abreviation for fics. Anyway, Millman is probably just like Nita and Kits parents, aren't wizards, but knows of the basic dilemma (probably a bit more since he probably knows adult wizards).

Comment

This book was probably the one that really stuck with me the most. I have asked myself a million times what goes on inside the head of a child with autism. (I am really not exaggerating on that one.) I have a son with Autism. I wonder if I ever sound to my son as Darryl's parents sounded to him... far away... garbled, in a sense. Because they don't communicate with you the same way others communicate with you, ya have to wonder what it is really like for them and how they perceive your puny efforts to engage their attention. I know from my experiences with my son, when getting him to talk, sign, or do PEC's, he sometimes smiles a secret smile and just goes on with looking at/reading his books.

I really think that DD's depiction of Darryl was fairly accurate in most regards with his vagueness and inibility to comprehend the world around him. Deep inside them, they are very intelligent but this is hidden so well by their lack of proper communication skills. My son can use a remote to get the TV, VCR and DVD player to work so he can watch his precious movies but he can't speak an entire sentence or even three words in a row. Confounding, is it not?

Okay... my guess about Millman is that he will be back but not for a few books. He is, after all, talking with Dairine (at least it is mentioned that he talks to her) in Wizard's Holiday. He also speaks to Nita and Dairine's father some (also mentioned in same book.) It is possible his relationship with the Callahans will only continue to be mentioned in passing rather than written conversation. If he has served his purpose to them, it isn't necessary to bring him back. I have to admit that with regards to Millman, DD laid the goundwork for an interesting character in AWA. She made us wonder why he would know about wizardry. Kind of left us hanging on him, didn't she? Ahh... I smell a mystery.
        -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
        The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
        I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Evi: then that would imply that "Konch" is a pairing abbreviation, too, which is... rather disturbing.

Um...

yeah....

XD

Comment

Originally posted by semiramis:
            Evi: then that would imply that "Konch" is a pairing abbreviation, too, which is... rather disturbing.

Um...

yeah....

XD
            Still mildly interesting. XD What am I saying? Oh well. ^_____^
            "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
            "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Well Millman is definitly in it..... Darryl! DD needs to put in Darryl!!!
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Darryl is definetly going to have to be in another book! Why would DD pretty much make a whole book on him?
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                **Neets**
                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Working...
                X