X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain people more than they seem?

MILLMAN!
    A whole topic dedicated to MILLMAN!
    Who the heck is this guy, who floats around like a ghost? Is he just a counciler who happens to know a wizard? Or could this be someOne fighting the Lone One even after Its victory.
    Note: Sorry about the spelling, I can't spell for beans, and this computer is too small to have microsoft word on it...
    My heart, my weapon, my money, my tool... Just a simple deck of cards

MILLMAN!
    A whole topic dedicated to MILLMAN!
    Who the heck is this guy, who floats around like a ghost? Is he just a counciler who happens to know a wizard? Or could this be someOne fighting the Lone One even after Its victory.
    Note: Sorry about the spelling, I can't spell for beans, and this computer is too small to have microsoft word on it...

Comment

Hmmmm....I wonder. When nita asks him if he's on errentry he says he isnt, but he knows some people who are. this is NOT saying he isnt a wizard...I bet he'll be in wizards at war.
      *looks at DD* right DD? anyway, darkdna, welcome to the site (I see you have only 2 posts) Im pretty new also...lets see...maybe 20 days? so I am a newbie too. but hi!

***ally***

"No...we named the monkey Jack"-pirates of the carribean
      "Not all who wander are lost"-JRR Tolkein
      and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy
      ***ally***
      Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.
      and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy

Comment

*Off topic* I'm not new, even though it would seem that I am. I just lurk a lot. */Off topic*
        *On topic* Perhaps he is saying that he know a wizard and his/her abilities quite well? Interesting, I have also heard the opinion that Millman might be the !One! Its(?)self.*/On topic* */topic* [ sorry I just had to do that]

Comment

I've always taken the phrase "I am not on errantry" to, in this case but not always, mean that Millman is not a wizard. Just by his manner, I think.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
          --Agent M
          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
          Still the Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

There are supporting characters in most of the books who, although they aren't wizards, know about Wizardry and the struggle to reduce entropy/fight the Lone One. Think of Nita and Kit's respective families. And aren't there entire planets of people who use the Speech to communicate, but aren't necessarily wizards?

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
            "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Well yeah, but earth isn't one of those planets, and I think that while there are certainly characters who use the speech who arn't wizards (First one that comes to mind is Ed) that is the exception on... umm what is the name of Nita's Earth... I'm not sure... Anyway just call it Earth for now, because its ours...

Comment

I also find it odd how Millman said he wasn't on errentry, but knows wizards who are. Does that mean he has family connections? Probably not. I think he may be like the pig, (sorry I can't remember the name) where he's not really a wizard, but knows of them as the such. Oh, I'm even confuzing myself now. Oh dear...

-Luthina

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Yeah that surprised me too. If he's not a wizard then he wouldn't know what erranty is, but he does know...arrrrggh!!</span> <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Is he or is he not a wizard? oh and im new here too, even though thats off topic.</span>

Comment

Sorry if this is wrong, I don't have my book on me, but doesn't Millman at one point say, "It doesn't take one to know one." ? I took that to mean that he wasn't a wizard but knew others who were.
                    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

With Millman in mind, I asked DD in the recent chat if we'd see any more non-wizards who know about wixards in WaW. If I remember rightly, she said no new ones in WaW. I didn't sk if we'd see Millman because I couldn't remember his name (rather embaressing...).
                      Hopefully, we will see Millman again, because currently he is a bit of mystery. Granted so is the Transcendental Pig, but everything that's ever mentioned about the Pig says he's meant to be a mystery. Millman ocmes acorss as a very ordinary guy.
                      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

I hope we see him again. Millman was an interesting character, very different. SYWTBAW said somewhere that most non-wizards didn't recognize wizardry, but that doesn't mean they can't, right? So he's either very observant or knows other wizards, which he probably does. (N:"Are you on errantry?" M:"No, but I know others who are.")
                        He reminded me a bit of my eighth grade history teacher... I thought that was strange.
                        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Yaknow, Millman would make a very good ficcy topic... (but not from me. Definately not from me. Knowing my tendancies, it'd wind up a horrible Star Wars parody or something...)

I don't know why, but I'd assumed immediately that he'd had connections with Tom and Carl...

(Gaah! Has anyone else had the annoying tendancy to try to type Tarl instead of Tom and Carl? Or Nit, or Konch instead of Nita and Kit or Kit and Ponch, respectively...?)

Comment

Well, whatever happens, Millman and Darryl should definitly appear again. You don't just build a character and forget about them even if wizards aren't supposed to interfere with each other's errantries. They will appear in future books. they just have to!

I felt a bit dissapointed to find that Darryl wasn't in a Wizard's Holiday. The most they did was mention him when citing an example of whatever. That was it!
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Hi
                              I agree with you Skitty but I think we will see Darryl but I'm not to sure about Millman. I think he will be mentioned in passing or maybe a one of encounter but I think we will see more of Darryl, he's to important to leave out!!.
                              Fox
                              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
                              X