Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolf_wizard
    replied
    At first I was entirely confused at what Mousey was talking about... now I think that i have the general idea. I kind of doubt that there is any shipping between Tom/Carl, though I don't really delve into their details in the YW series as much as I suppose i should. I think that there is something more than just a wizardry partenership... it leads you to wonder how they have managed to stay together 9as wizardry parteners) for so long... i mean, it's apparent that they have a REALLY good friendship... I wish DD would tell us more; see? you've gotten me interested now... oh well. *retreats into den to get sleep, as it is to late to be up and posting...*

Leave a comment:

• Frivs
    replied
    Mousey -- Well, it makes sense to me :/ Just the way they act together...like an old married couple lol...seems to indicate there is something there. But I wasn't necessarily talking about T/C as in Tom/Carl shipping, just as in Tom and Carl info in general.

Kli -- lol, I must find these books! :P And I cannot figure out how I managed to post this in the FanArt forum....any way you could swap it over to Misc Discussion?? *puppy eyes*

Leave a comment:

• Kathy Li
    replied
    Mousey, let me just interject a comment that you are so not ready yet for the Door books. Give it another five years before attempting Door Into Fire. Really.

Leave a comment:

• Mousey
    replied
    Not my personal opinion; SO not my personal opinion, and makes me whimper with suppressed screams of 'NO NO NO YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!!'...
    <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Tom and Carl... TEH SLASH PAIRING o_0 EBIL... nothing against gay people, but TOM AND CARL ARE SO NOT GAY!</span>
    No, really. Some people think that. Okay, I've never read, er, explicit things in that general drection, I HAVE read fanfic that has that. *shiver* So weird...

Leave a comment:

• Frivs
    started a topic Tom and Carl...some missing pieces

Tom and Carl...some missing pieces

WELL, in order to take my mind off of poor RoRo (untilDairsaveshiminthenextbook*coughhintDDhack*), I've recently been delving deeper into my two other favorite study subjects: Tom and Carl. What's really struck my attention is how little we actually know about them xD Although we see them in just about every book, little is ever said about their pasts.

At the moment, my biggest "hmm" question is when and where did they meet? It's mentioned more than once that Tom is Californian, and still has his accent, which means he probably moved to New York at least around Nita/Kit's age, or else that would have faded more. Carl on the other hand has a "strong" Brooklyn accent. So did they meet around the age when they got their wizardry? In college? So far I haven't found any info.

This also brings up the question of how old you can be and still be able to connect with another person as a wizarding partner. Nita and Kit met early on, but Dairine and Roshaun had been practicing wizardry for comparatively a longer period before they became partners. There also seems to be a large amount of wizards who don't have partners at all...Sker'et, Filif, Ronan, etc...so how common is it?

And feel free to feed my side obsession with any other T/C tidbits you can find...there is lots to discover, and I'm keeping my eye out for the next DD chat XD
Working...
X