The Inner Nita - What’s happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inner Nita - What’s happening?

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

the nita thing sounds like a extremely good answer to the lucid-dreaming questions I had...
      but even non-wizards can tell the future (sometimes)...

Comment

That's kind of interesting...

It's also slightly scary because the last character who could predict the future went splat, then came back as one of the powers that be...
        I guess it could bring new meaning to the phrase "those who serve the powers, themselves become the powers."

A Jedi Ewok
        And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and Lady of the Latkes...
        A physics geek
        And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Well, the koi seem to predict as well.

Nita's talents with dreaming (which I think are part of her wizardry, actually, but I suppose there's room for argument) have actually been around since the first book, though I think it was in A Wizard Alone that she was first described as having been cultivating the talent. In that case, of course, she used it to communicate with Darryl (and vice versa). But someone recently brought up her SYW dream about Timeheart -- she dreamed a bit of the last conversation with Fred and the Lotus before ever meeting either. I think that was a hint, or given the structure of the series, perhaps what DD picked up on later for further plots, I don't know.

Comment

That is interesting. I do think it definitely has something to do with her wizardry, because I can't imagine two wizards (Kit and Nita) both have special talents while the non-wizard characters don't seem to be showing anything odd...the question is, is it part of her 'basic' wizardly talents, or is it something extra? Or is that what you were asking all along?

Anyway, it could definitely be something big, because when I read about her dream in Timeheart in SYWTBAW, I was very confused (it was very confusing! ) although I never really thought anything of it...until I read this post. Which leads to inevitable pondering about the next book, Wizards at War. Is Nita going to foresee something dangerous? Are the Powers sending her these visions, by the way? Does the LP have the power to send misleading or nightmarish visions to a wizard? Any wizard, or only one with those kinds of powers, anyway?

NOTE: This is all pure speculation. But I suppose you already knew that.

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
            'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
            -Spongebob Squarepants
            *Ella*
            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
            What could mean more than this?"
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

Comment

Actually, that's probably a sign that Diane is changing things around a bit. In SYWTBAW, it's made clear that Timeheart is "above and beyond" temporal causality. Logically there's no reason why, if you went there, you couldn't meet someone you hadn't met yet in your own world. Whoever that person is (or will be), they'll be dead eventually, and so will you. So why shouldn't you meet them in Timeheart?

If this is reduced to a mere oracular power on Nita's part, one of the most insightful and interesting aspects of the books will be lost forever.

To be wise, learn foolishness. To be strong, learn weakness. To know joy, learn sorrow.
                Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
                Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Comment

If this is reduced to a mere oracular power on Nita's part, one of the most insightful and interesting aspects of the books will be lost forever.
                  I don't think so, but then, I don't think "reduced to a mere oracular power on Nita's part" is an accurate description. Nita's having prophetic dreams seems far more likely to be a result of Timeheart -- and the Powers -- being beyond time and space, and Nita being receptive to that in her sleep. (Not that it's always time. Sometimes it's across space, or minds -- and dreamscapes get symbolic. *looks at the clown scene*)

Comment

Working...
                  X