Who's the best pairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the best pairing?

I've seen lots of different opinions on this, not to mention one or two specific polls, so I'm really curious: which do you think is the best pair? My prediction is that the camps between Kit and Ronan are equally divided, but the odds are weighted towards Nita as opposed to Dairine. I really don't think Dairine/Ronan is going to get very many votes, but it rather rounds things out. The 'Other' is there in case I forgot any major--or minor--parties of interest.
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

I've seen lots of different opinions on this, not to mention one or two specific polls, so I'm really curious: which do you think is the best pair? My prediction is that the camps between Kit and Ronan are equally divided, but the odds are weighted towards Nita as opposed to Dairine. I really don't think Dairine/Ronan is going to get very many votes, but it rather rounds things out. The 'Other' is there in case I forgot any major--or minor--parties of interest.
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Whee. See, that wasn't so bad...

Notes: some ships are mutually inclusive (IE K/D N/R..
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

Ok, count 'other' as not dating at all.

I am what I am
          I'm super fortified hundred proof girl with a band
          and I'm a velveteen rabbit made of steel with a plan...
          I'll save the planet change the world
          I'll make a one girl stand
          --Superchic[k], 'Real'
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

*snorts* You don't date, or you don't ship? Or both? Or neither? Because you on't date, kit and Nita won't date?
            *grins and runs away*
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

*headscratches* I've kind of been wondering this since I saw a story with the pairing listed... but is Dairine/Ronan pretty much random, or pairing-up-of-'leftovers' for some Kit/Nita 'shippers, or based on the idea that Ronan's sympathy upon finding out she's Nita's sister is Ironic Foreshadowing, or am I completely missing something?

Comment

I have no idea whatsoever--although I'm N/K I am not D/R. But I have seen fanfics with D/R storylines, so I thought I'd see if anyone actually voted for it.

I am what I am
                --Superchic[k], 'Real'
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Comment

I think the D/R idea could be interesting. Where did you find it? The truth is, they both have this ... attitude and now that I think about it, I could totally see them together.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline
                    "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

'ship is short for relationship, as in romantic. If you're a Very Strange Fan Indeed, you name your ships. (Ex: The SS Ron/Hermione is the Good Ship R/H. The SS Harry/Ginny is the SS Orange Crush. The SSLuna/Nevil (not a ship I like but an amusing one) is the SS Loony Toads, etc. The BEST Shipname is the SS Hermione/George, a bad ship but a good name: the SS Dungbombs and SPEW.)

It is also a very and lends itself to strange figures of speech. For example, "I ship Ron/Hermione." Or, "I'm on a rowboat behind [insert ship here]" tends to mean "I want it to happen but I don't think I will in the books."

You told me to define ship... well, there's all you ever really need to know about ships except that if there is ANY IMAGINABLE SHIP, and I do mean taking one character and ANY othr character, ANY, SOMEONE< SOMEWHERE, will have written a fic about it. And someone will have named the ship. (This applies particularly to the Very Freaky HP fans.)

The D/R thing- well, I think in many cases people just want to pair off the leftovers, but it's also an interesting ship. Actually, I can deal with all the above ships, prolly because DD hasn't really indicated anything here, or has done so quite subtly and ambivalently... anyway, D/R is interesting because it is SUCH a personality thing.
                      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

jen: I frequent the fanfiction.net site, searching for new stories to read...hey, Holiday isn't coming out anytime soon! Anyway, that's where I found the D/R. I really like this one story with that ship, but I'm not too fond of the ship itself. Oh well.

I am what I am
                        --Superchic[k], 'Real'
                        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Working...
                        X