Who would you pair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you pair?

So, if you could pair Nita, Kit, Dairine, or anyone else in the YW series with another character from a totally different book, TV show, or Movie, who would it be?

Please specify where this person comes from (please keep it human to human as best as you can, unless the character from YW isn't human...) and why you would put them together!

Happy Pairing!

OH, and one more thing to people who know me. I was trying to substitute my old profile pic, but it wouldn't work, so I chose PIKACHU!
    (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Hah, funny thread.

Nita/Eragon? No, she'd think he was dumb.
    Roshaun/Lessa (dragonriders of Pern series, Dragonflight) They would totally hate each other.
    Dairine/Mordred. (Arthurian legend)
    Nita/Percy Jackson. (The Lightning Thief)
    Carl/Morgan/Tom love triangle. (Arthurian)

hee hee.

Oh: Tulha (sp?)/Arhu (BONWM)
    Last edited by SilveredBlue; January 5, 2010, 03:44:31 PM.

Comment

Good thread

I would pair up
      Dairine and artimis fowl because of coarse they are inhumanly smart from the Artemis fowl books
      Carmela and roshaun because he is brought out of his persona at brief intervals when she's around

Comment

Nita and Percy...well, she would probably think he's stupid. It's a funny one, though.

How 'bout...Dairine/Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory? No one would understand a word they were saying!

Nita/Harry Potter! Yeah!
        "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Dairine/Artemis Fowl- heh! They'd be all brainy together.

But Artemis would hate her guts since she could do something he CAN'T- wizardry. He would never be a wizard- too greedy.

Well, no one said it had to be a LOVE relationship. It could just as well be a love/hate...or a pure hate-fest.

How about Ponch/Mrs. O'Leary (The Lightning Thief Series)? Ponch would have to use his godly powers to grow a bit, uh, bigger, though....
          (Mrs. O'Leary: Think female Cerberus with a friendly attitude.)

Lone Power/Nanny Ogg (Discworld). Boy, would I like to see THAT. Wouldn't she give him a dressing-down! Figuratively and literally. Or even better, Lone Power/Granny Weatherwax (Same). It wouldn't know what hit It.

Darryl/Tiffany Aching. (ditto) They both have-whatstheword- a fierce determination, somehow...after all, one traps the Lone Power in a clown suit, and the other hits a slavering hellhound with a frying pan.
          Ronan/Tiffany Aching. Goth boy, teenage witch. Except being a witch is like being a village mediator, doctor, vet (turpentine and a good cussing cure all! Really!) and dark-forces-fighter at the same time, engendering a disdain of lazy 'attitudes'. Need I say more?

Luke Skywalker or young Anakin/Dairine. Because she's a Star Wars fiend.

Yoda/Spot. They could be all oracular and knowledgable together.

Now I'm just going insane...
          Last edited by SilveredBlue; January 6, 2010, 12:30:41 AM.

Comment

I think I'd pair Dairine with the Tenth Doctor. That would be something to see. And maybe Carmela with Miles Vorkosigan. *evil grin*
            Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
              I think I'd pair Dairine with the Tenth Doctor. That would be something to see. And maybe Carmela with Miles Vorkosigan. *evil grin*
              Trialia, you might as well go the whole way and go older!Dairine/younger!Cordelia.

Assuming that the universe would survive that, it would be a Very Interesting Place afterward.

Comment

Oh wow. Okay, not only would that be a fantastic idea and partnership, it would be yummy, too. *giggles* Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                  I think I'd pair Dairine with the Tenth Doctor. ...
                  You think she'd ever figure out she ran into him in a (much) earlier incarnation?
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
                    You think she'd ever figure out she ran into him in a (much) earlier incarnation?
                    I think she would ;D but I think she'd get on just as well with Ten whether she knew about it or not, lol.

Comment

Oh, he'd tell her. Ten's a big show-off.

Relatedly, someone assure me I'm not the only one who thinks the new companion looks a heck of a lot like Dairine? Admittedly a super-chic, older Dairine, but... http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...dnt/39342.html well, you tell me!
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Oh! WOW! That is almost creepy, it matches my picture of Dairine (except younger) so closely.

Especially the pic where Amy's got her head sort of sideways.

Now I have something to go on for my fanart! Whoopee! I love you Birdhead!

Comment

Tui - This is true, he is. And wow, she really does!

Comment

Triala! That was your 100th post! *cheers* *confetti* *and of course blue food*

Okaaayy then. How about LP/Nero? Or even better, LP/Agrippina (Nero's mother and a reeeeeallly nasty sort. Married her uncle, poisoned tons of people including her own nephew/cousin, etc. They should get along quite well.)

Hey, can you tell I just finished my ancient lit. homework?

And as long as Deep Secret is being discussed....Nick/Nita. Although she probably wouldn't like him all that much.
                            Spot/the meaning of life computer from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Dairine/Will (from The Dark is Rising)
                            Dairine/Cat (Eric Chant) from the Chrestomanci books.

Carmela/Achilles! Then maybe he'd forget about Briaires (am I spelling her name right?) and stop SULKING so much.

Comment

Wow, Nita would *hate* Nick, although he would probably really like her (she reminds me a bit of the way Nick describes Roddy in The Merlin Conspiracy: he describes her as looking like a tree, as if she had grown where she was standing. I don't have the book with me or I could give you some more details.) Anyway. Yeah, I don't think they'd get on, although I suppose Nita likes Ronan... and Dairine would STOMP on Cat Chant. Oh dear me.
                              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                              X