Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawl
    replied
    I don't usually ship crossovers. It's hard to find matches where the literary universes of the two books don't conflict each other. Like how it would be odd for Dairine to have magic in the Artemis Fowl world because humans aren't supposed to have it only fairies.

However I have to say lone power/Nanny Ogg made me go into a giggle fit and Darryl/Tiffany Aching is incredibly adorable to me.

Also along the lines of Artemis Fowl, I'm currently reading "Evil Genius" by Cathrine Jinks. The main character Cadel is similar to Artemis in that he is a genius whom becomes misguided and uses his talents in an unfitting way. Anyway, I think he and dairine would actually have great dynamic as a couple. Since Cadel craves the attention of an equal counterpart nearly all the book they would probably have no trouble getting along once they met and she would definitely bring a better side out in him since she has sworn to protect life and somewhat has her barrings. Also since there is a strong rule about magic and odd inherit abilities are researched in the evil genius universe and in YW universe most magic is hidden there isn't a conflict.

Tl;dr Dairine/Cadel (evil genius)

Leave a comment:

• Birdhead
    replied
    Originally posted by estar9821 View Post
    Wow! Picture Carmela with a rapper. *shudders* That's definitely bad boy type.
    What? Why? And how is it outrageous? *confused*

Leave a comment:

• estar9821
    replied
    Wow! Picture Carmela with a rapper. *shudders* That's definitely bad boy type. But methinks that's just TOO outrageous...

Saved from oneliner.

Leave a comment:

• SilveredBlue
    replied
    Carmela and the bad-boy type? Totally. Or how about Carmela and Shaun White?

*mind utterly boggles*

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    Heck, I'd want to see how Carmela would get on with Miles Vorkosigan...

Leave a comment:

• SapphireWizardry
    replied
    I'd pair Carmela with Fang from the Maximum Ride series. I think she's into the bad boy type, and I doubt the wings would freak her out.

Leave a comment:

• dorotheia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chocolate101
    replied
    God, I can totally see Percy+Nita!

Leave a comment:

• SilveredBlue
    replied
    That's why I posted them. Cause it didn't work

So...yeah, that's almost exactly what Nick said. "Naturally grown, like a tree or something."

Although he wasn't as selfish by the end of the Merlin Conspiracy, and he's not like selfish deep down (he did give up his heart's desire to save Maree in Deep Secret, after all), Nita would be totally turned off the appearance of selfishness. I mean, she spends her time among wizards who would sacrifice their lives for the greater good...so yeah.

Roddy/Kit? Nah, he'd think she was too emotional. And Nick already has a claim on her.

Actually, I don't think Dairine would stomp on Cat. Emotionally, yes.
    But his magic would best hers. (See the Harry Potter vs. Nita and Kit thread.) Magically, he'd stomp on her. And Dairine would hate him.
    Ooh, who else can I pair?

Eragon versus Kit and Nita. Yes, he has a dragon...but then their magic isn't as exhausting. I should write a crossover fic, or at least make a poll on that.

Leave a comment:

• Birdhead
    replied
    Wow, Nita would *hate* Nick, although he would probably really like her (she reminds me a bit of the way Nick describes Roddy in The Merlin Conspiracy: he describes her as looking like a tree, as if she had grown where she was standing. I don't have the book with me or I could give you some more details.) Anyway. Yeah, I don't think they'd get on, although I suppose Nita likes Ronan... and Dairine would STOMP on Cat Chant. Oh dear me.

Leave a comment:

• SilveredBlue
    replied
    Triala! That was your 100th post! *cheers* *confetti* *and of course blue food*

Okaaayy then. How about LP/Nero? Or even better, LP/Agrippina (Nero's mother and a reeeeeallly nasty sort. Married her uncle, poisoned tons of people including her own nephew/cousin, etc. They should get along quite well.)

Hey, can you tell I just finished my ancient lit. homework?

And as long as Deep Secret is being discussed....Nick/Nita. Although she probably wouldn't like him all that much.
    Spot/the meaning of life computer from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Dairine/Will (from The Dark is Rising)
    Dairine/Cat (Eric Chant) from the Chrestomanci books.

Carmela/Achilles! Then maybe he'd forget about Briaires (am I spelling her name right?) and stop SULKING so much.

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    Tui - This is true, he is. And wow, she really does!

Leave a comment:

• SilveredBlue
    replied
    Oh! WOW! That is almost creepy, it matches my picture of Dairine (except younger) so closely.

Especially the pic where Amy's got her head sort of sideways.

Now I have something to go on for my fanart! Whoopee! I love you Birdhead!

Leave a comment:

• Birdhead
    replied
    Oh, he'd tell her. Ten's a big show-off.

Relatedly, someone assure me I'm not the only one who thinks the new companion looks a heck of a lot like Dairine? Admittedly a super-chic, older Dairine, but... http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...dnt/39342.html well, you tell me!

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
    You think she'd ever figure out she ran into him in a (much) earlier incarnation?
    I think she would ;D but I think she'd get on just as well with Ten whether she knew about it or not, lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X